Ok guys christened my new truck first time I stuck it

utectok

Poll would better tyres have got me out of this one?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. WOULD good off road tyres have helped

• YES
    • NO CHANCE
    • MAYBE

Hi marcus sands a very diffrent thing to get stuck in than mud .

Lowering pressure in sand helps where in mud not always in mud sometimes better to raise pressure as it raise the ride height and also narrows the width of the tyres and can cut though to the hard strata under the top soil.

Also it is all very well to lower the pressure but it depends how far you have to drive to get to a air line to pump up.

Unless you got a onboard compressor .

Every tried to drive a car with 10 psi in all four wheels .

Regards OTH

like stated once u have bellied out no tread or size of tyre is gonna get u out not on any vehicle, was going thru mud the other day on a 350cc quad with mud tyres on and once bellied it was not going any further so had to winch thru. With a better tread u might of pulled thru in the first place instead of spinnin as much but then all so could of made more of a mess as well as u could of been churning up the ground more catch 22.

Ok perhaps a bit more info would help the long ruts were not there to start with I drove along fine (speed) on top of the mud then began to slip and got stuck. Then feed the pheasants then came back and when my mate went to get a tractor I had another go at driving out thats what created the long ruts as I began to spin/reverse out. Thanks for all your comments I agree I shouldn't have been there in the first place, guess I'm learning my limits!

Ok perhaps a bit more info would help the long ruts were not there to start with I drove along fine (speed) on top of the mud then began to slip and got stuck. Then feed the pheasants then came back and when my mate went to get a tractor I had another go at driving out thats what created the long ruts as I began to spin/reverse out. Thanks for all your comments I agree I shouldn't have been there in the first place, guess I'm learning my limits!

thats half the fun.....im still learning..... :good:

shaun

• 1 month later...

I am new to 4x4,frontera swb bought for shooting purposes,and look for as much info as possible to ***** tracks just like those in org post,am aware of speed,throttle steer,inflation(comp on board) :good: ,235x75x16 road tyres(ok so far),grounding out,l/h gear,and not pretending to be a tractor :oops: ,there is one track on a permission i have that has tracks just like those,i dont go there :blink: ,my mates landy JUST made it out,but he wont go back down that track anymore,who knows til its to late eh.

It's hard to say from a photo whether good tyres would have got you out. I'll go with what a few of the others have said and suggest that they probably wouldn't have got you out once you were in deep, but if you went at it correctly and with decent tread you may well have kept enough momentum to get through. In conditions like that once you've stopped you give yourself more time to sink and once the truck is resting on its belly you're not going anywhere!

I can't claim to be an expert but I've done a fair bit of off road driving and have a good idea how to go about it. Believe it or not if you're at all unsure the best bet is to get out and walk it first. It takes a couple of minutes, which when compared to several hours of digging and struggling is a much better option. :welcomeani:

Took the truck up a mountain the other day and bottled but my buddy and permission owner said move over I'll get it up . Mind you he could get the tractor if it all went wrong. Having said that in low box with new tyres (not supa nobbly) we made it up 1000ft or so on mud and rocks. He's good off road never knew it was such a skill impressed! Mind you the tow bar sump guard and dif guard took a few whacks. I reckon a shorter WB would have helped!