cocker constantly passing stools

bjlfishing

as in the topic title when my bitch is working she is almost constatly passing / trying to **** to the degree that there is nothing left but she still trys her farther also is the same has anyone any ideas why she is doing this or if there is any medical reason why she at the week end there was signs of blood in her **** after she had been trying to go constantly

One of my cockers had this. It seemed that everytime he went out and got excited his bowels would cramp.This lasted of an on for a few months. A visit to the vet and he was prescribed some kaolin and some sterioids to calm his bowels. We only treated him for 3 days and his stomach calmed down and hasn't strained for about a year!! :good:

Simon

Our Sprocker has this when he goes out, he just gets so excited. When we took him camping and he was out all the time it got really bad. Next time we planned on going camping the vet prescribed him vallium and beta blockers. We don't take him camping any more but he is still getting out for a couple of hours each day. :good:

Overfed? If mine are ovefull they will go regulary for the first hour or so of exercise. If the dog is skinny and fed plenty in an attempt to hold or gain weight then I would change the food as the dog is still overfed, even though it's skinny, just on a diet that doesn't help weight gain.

obiviously if a dog , you often see straining when they develope prostate troubles :good: and can come on at any age :beer:

You are quite correct, especially in middle aged to older male dogs prostate problems are very common (and almost entirely prevented by castration).

I see a flaw in your theory:

my bitch

:beer: