I've had a ******* great day

njc110381

I know the title sounds a little rude (is it just me that thinks that?) but I think I've had the best christmas ever! We had lunch with friends instead of family for the first time and it went really well. My mrs has been a veggie all her life (she's in her mid 20s) because her parents have been veggie since before she was born. She doesn't disagree with killing animals for the right reasons, she's just never eaten meat. Well she agreed to try Turkey and Duck today, probably because her parents weren't there like they usually are. She said the Turkey was ok and would eat it again! What a result, I'm so happy I could cry! :good:

She's always been very accepting of my shooting and bringing dead stuff home but would never eat it. I think with some very careful thought I may be able to build a fire from this spark and we could actually share a meal that I've lovingly cooked. We do eat the same stuff sometimes but until now it's always been Quorn or veg based food which I really don't enjoy, it feels like something's missing. It may sound daft but this really means a lot to me. We dropped in to see her grandad on the way home and when we told him he nearly fell off his chair! He was a Beef farmer all his life and never was pleased that my other halfs parents stopped eating meat. I've never seen him so bright eyed, I think it made his christmas.

All in all a great day. I really hope we can work on this. She wasn't keen on the Duck but then it is a bit stronger. I think in time if I can start her off on bland supermarket meats and curries she may get used to it and slowly take on stronger flavours? I really hope so.

Happy Christmas mate

It must be a great feeling, what a really lovely lady who even though being Veggie accepted what you did and now to try some meat and happy to move on to more,

Well done to you. :)

I feel an extra treat is deserved for her, for being brave enought to try meat in the first place.lol :lol:

Alan