Global bl***y warming !!!

DaveB916

So where is alll this global warming, my poor old boiler is working overtime to keep the house warm............lolol

Looks like the snow is here for a while yet.

Oh how my Missus is eating humble pie on the gorunds of, 'NO !! I want a BMW not another Freelander....'........hehehe

So which cars are surviving and which are the 'wealest links' ?

Dave B

Had a E91 330D............worst car in the snow/ice I ever owned, in fact it was dangerous in conditions I felt it should of coped with reasonably well, a lot of it was down to runflat tyres. My Freelander is a great car in all respects and I don't miss the BMW at all, the performance was nice but otherwise it was totally impractical for me/the dogs/shooting and I was glad to get rid of it, oh..and the ride quality was bone jarringly awful ;)

Well Ive had a **** week so far. My jimny is needing fixing the locking hubs brake pad and a wheel bearing needs replacing and I think a kingpin bearing so my 4wd is not working. Anyone want to buy a Browning Medallist for £400 I need to back on the road asap.

Our wood burner is going crazy as I type. I'm really glad I've got it!

As for cars getting stuck, don't get me started. Our road has a small incline and it's messing up so many people it's just silly. Instead of waiting at the bottom of the slope for the car in front to make it they all pile up bumper to bumper. When one out of ten fails they then have half a dozen numpties behind them so it takes ten minutes for them to sort themselves out! The ones that get stuck all have the same technique, rev the nuts off of the car, wheelspinning half way up the slope then slowing to a standstill, speedo still reading 40mph! After all the skidding it's getting even more slick!

I towed one chap up because he's a neighbour and has a front wheel drive van with loads of kit in. It just wouldn't have it. I've pushed several more to help them out, I don't mind making an effort when people are struggling.

I did have to leave one lad though. Big exhaust, lowered car, stupid wheels etc. He came past the house at a silly speed going down the hill, had to give way and slid into a parked car. Then with the usual rev it hard attitude couldn't reverse up the hill to free himself. I hate to say it but I've got no time for p ricks like him, I just watched his half witted attempt to free himself and laughed!

I think the funniest thing I spotted today was the police Shogun, parked in a quiet lane trying to hide themselves from the chaos. Bless 'em!

Well Ive had a **** week so far. My jimny is needing fixing the locking hubs brake pad and a wheel bearing needs replacing and I think a kingpin bearing so my 4wd is not working. Anyone want to buy a Browning Medallist for £400 I need to back on the road asap.

Is that delivered ?....... lolol

Dave B