where have all the pigeons gone ?

wrightchopper

Hi all im scratching my head a bit, let me tell you why, two days ago the pigeons where flocking in their hundreds on my perm, but due to a friend of mine going away with his girlfriend, (he needs to sort her out, shooting comes first) he left all the deeks etc., in his garage, so i could only watch in vain as i pushed them away, anyway yesterday, again the birds were flocking in their hundreds, so matey boy (shotgunshortie) and myself said todays the day ! got out there early a slight dusting of snow from last night but lots of rape poking through, and we moved about 20 off the field en arrival. We set a fab hide, deeks out (30 in all) in the classic horseshoe pattern, and sat and sat and sat ! nothing not a bird in the sky to be seen, ******** to this we thought, lets go to a wooded area on another perm i've got and catch em coming in late :hmm: and again we sat and sat and sat, shotgunshortie even fell asleep he was that bored ! we were on a flight line as well, what the hells happened, have they all gone to the sales or something, someone give me an answer please. oh then we went to the pub to cheer ourselves up :rolleyes:

They may have found another field somewhere nearby or a good supply of berries to keep them happy.

Pigeons are like that, one day they will be destroying a rape field and the next they will be sitting on a ploughed field or something like that.

They are unpredictable birds at times.

If you look again tomorrow they will probably be back lol

Think your right merseadave, trouble is as always cant go tomorrow, i'm back at work, and yes i bet the s*ds will be on the rape, never mind there will always be another day, cheers for you help guys :rolleyes:

I spent most of the day today driving round in the tractor putting gas guns out and setting off rockets just to keep the birds moving and off the rape.

I hope you can get into them soon mate :hmm: