Benelli Super Black Eagle

AJAX

I'm looking to buy an auto in the near future and after reading several posts here I've tried out the beretta extrema. Lovely gun, I really liked it. However I'm left handed and would prefer a true left hander. I like the look and reputation of the Benelli Super Black Eagle but I understand that it is recoil operated and not gas.

Does this mean that it wont be as soft shooting as the Beretta or other gas operated autos ? Does anyone own and shoot one of these guns, and how do you rate it especially shooting 3 1/2" shells ?

Ajax

Hi Henry. I want to use it for foxes primarily but I'd also like to get into wildfowling.

I really like the beretta but I'm not sure how safe it is to shoot off the left shoulder.

I've spoken to several gun dealers and half have said its no problem, the other half say its too dangerous with the cart and gasses ejecting the same side as your face. However, I've been watching an American wildfowling DVD and several of the shooters were left handed and firing right handed autos with no apparent worries.

Cheers

Ajax :blink:

The SBE has more recoil than the Xtrema.

Mark.

Mark is right.

I am left handed and have had both guns. I sold the Beretta for the Benelli.

It is true that the Beretta has less recoil but the Benelli doesn't kick your teeth out at all. It is cleaner internally when used so doesn't take too much cleaning, and being left handed you do not get the cartridges crossing your face. I was hit in the eyelid twice when shooting with the Beretta and believe me i'm glad i have the Benelli.

Wouldn't buy another semi.

I have used a Bennelli SBE once and I fired over 100 cartridges through it, in quite a short time.

I didn't notice any extra recoil at all and my shoulder never ached afterwards.

Being a right handed shooter, I don't have your problem, but there is no way I would want cartridge cases and gases, passing in front of my eyes.

I use a true lefty Benelli for pigeons & clays, a good gun, no fouling up of gas ports to worry about. I was shooting today at the clay club with a mate who was having a bad time with his semi keeping jamming which affected his scores. I had a look & it was in need of a good clean! :blink:

I use a true lefty Benelli for pigeons & clays, a good gun, no fouling up of gas ports to worry about. I was shooting today at the clay club with a mate who was having a bad time with his semi keeping jamming which affected his scores. I had a look & it was in need of a good clean! :blink:

I think the only downside of Benelli is the spares backup from the importers.

Mark.

Mark is right.

It is true that the Beretta has less recoil but the Benelli doesn't kick your teeth out at all. It is cleaner internally when used so doesn't take too much cleaning, and being left handed you do not get the cartridges crossing your face. I was hit in the eyelid twice when shooting with the Beretta and believe me i'm glad i have the Benelli.

As a lefty , with 2 berreta's 12 and 20 in 391 , how in the hell did you get hit in the eyelid with your's :(?? , i find the action more than far enough away from your face that the empty is thrown clear on both guns ,the only complaint from most lefty's is the sight of the hull across the face not the impact of it ,which brings up the point of why wernt you wearing glasses.

curious is i

Martin

Mark.

Mark is right.

As a lefty , with 2 berreta's 12 and 20 in 391 , how in the hell did you get hit in the eyelid with your's :(?? , i find the action more than far enough away from your face that the empty is thrown clear on both guns ,the only complaint from most lefty's is the sight of the hull across the face not the impact of it ,which brings up the point of why wernt you wearing glasses.

curious is i

Martin

On both occasions as the ejection went accross (not that you notice the cartridge) debris hit me in the eyelid and believe me hit hurt. Obviously the wind played apart but saying that it's not something i would wish to experience again.