Jack Pyke Hunter or Seeland Brandon?

manatarms

Sorry to start another 'what jacket' thread but i really can't decide between the above 2 jackets.

The Jack Pyke seems really good value and has good feedback on here but not can't find much about the Seeland, i will be using if for both Pigeon shooting and some driven Game shoots, i do layer up in the winter but would like some padding in the jacket as well.

I can't find a stockist of either jacket nearby so it would have to be an unseen online purchase unfortunately, obviously if i could try both on in a shop i'd know straight away which would suit my needs best.

Or if you know of any similar jackets (non camo) under £70 please let me know. ;)

Any advice/recommendations would be great.

I have just bought a Jack Pyke hunter jacket. I tried to find one in a local shop so I could see what they were like but they're not widely stocked in the South East.

Anyway it's a nice jacket but I was a bit disappointed to find that it has no padding at all! Just a water/windproof, breathable outer layer so you need a few layers under it. It will come into it's own in the Spring and Autumn though.

Brother in law has Seeland gear & really rates it.

I have the Brandon jacket. Perfectly happy with it despite the initial dissapointment thinking there would be more padding, but has said on here, you take layers off. Small amount of padding is limited to chest area. Still with some other layers underneath according to conditions it's kept the wind and rain out so far and me warm. Usual pockets for carts etc. The waist draw string helps keep the jacket snug and hold your body temp in. The first think i noticed is the room around the shoulder blades, no restricted movement for gun mount.

I paid £60 delivered for mine off John Norris web site.