At last!!

Windy

Around November time my old man mentioned to a good friend of his who farms locally that I was looking for some permission for pigeon shooting. He told the old man I could have some of his land, gave his card and told me to get in touch.

Gave him a call and he said come round when I'm about and I'll show you where you can go etc. Long story short, he's does a fair amount of contract farming and is pretty busy. So tying him down was proving difficult, and didnt want to hassle him, particularly over the Christmas period.

Called him yesterday to see if the offer was still open.......the good news was yes, but he was away on business! Thankfully for me, he must have felt bad about always not being about, cos he gave me his managers number and told me to ring him and ask him to meet me for a run down.

Met the manager this morning, nice bloke, gave me a marked map and showed me round the allotted fields. So now I have 80 hectares of prime Suffolk oil seed rape to patrol. :good:

I think thats a pretty good start, well chuffed. The only ****** is that I'm back to work tomorrow so will have to wait to wednesday next week to get out. At least the snow might have gone by then!

Had a drive round and saw at least on huge flock (on a more thawed out field adjacent to my permission), counted at least 300.

:good: