Haiti Appeal, Will you donate?

Frenchieboy

I actually feel moved to make a comment

I give to the air ambulance and regularly to Help for Heroes

I have seen both in action

if we were in the same situation do you really think their government would send us a shed load of cash?

and if they did send us any helping hands do you think they would go back?

No i will not be giving.

Not so sure about this....I think if you're in a position to spare some money then one should. We spend enough money killing afghans that maybe a few mil could be spared to actually save the lives of some people for a change. I give to the British Red Cross each month so have kind of done my bit.

(note - do not take this in any way as a smudge on our Armed Forces, they do a top job and my best mate has done two tours of Iraq and is off to Afghan again in Sept - so I support them fully....just not the people who put them there).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, it looks like I have opened a hornets nest with this thread!

Reading through some of the negative comments has made me think though and I can see their reasoning for being negative. I doubt that I will stop giving to "charities" but I will be thinking a bit more about what charities and appeals I give to in the future!

A leading UK medical journal has issued a sharp critique of the way aid agencies have been operating. In an editorial, the Lancet says many of the international aid agencies operating in Haiti may be doing more harm than good by promoting themselves rather than working for the common humanitarian goal.

The Lancet says the aid industry has become too obsessed with media campaigns, despite past mistakes during the response to the Asian tsunami five years ago.

Lancet editor Dr Richard Horton told the BBC there was no effective common leadership of humanitarian workers in Haiti, as many non-governmental organisations were competing against each other.

Hmm, look`s like some of you guys have waisted a lot of money <_<:good: I personally think the lesson here is, If you ever get to retake your life then go to uni or what ever you need to get into the charity business, one thing is for sure there is no such a thing as economic recession!! actually the more poo there is in the world the more money you make :yes:

Edited by Guinea Fowl

Group: Members

Member No.: 18953

i won't give money to haiti or any other foreign country, where was the help for all our recent flood victims? all them lot on the news starting riots because there hungry how does that help anything, all our fire crews going over to dig them out leaving us short back home, and we'll never recover the money we ive them, 20m in a recession is a joke and brown acts like its his money to just hand out we'll never see it again, next they'll be shipping them over to treat them and they'll disapear into the night then be down the social trying to get benefits and we'll let them like the mugs we are. i bet we're still giving 100's of millions to africa every year and what good does it do? better off leaving them to there own divices and keeping the money in our own economy

I AGREE WITH HIM^^^^^ Wat a waste of owr money ill never give to a charity unless i know it is 100% staying in this country