considering re-loading for .410

as it says i am thinking about getting into reloading when my finances permit it, i'm just after finding out is it worth it mainly and roughly what sort cost it would be to get kitted out with everything i would need.

i would be hoping to mainly make subsonic 3" loads in no5/6/7 and a few standard 2" and 21/2" loads of no6/7 for ratting, all with fibre wads as they would be going through my hushpower.

is there any good books with instructions and receipies as i don't know anyone who does or has reloaded and don't want to blow my face off, and would i need to have anything added to my sgc to say i can purchase stuff for re-loading or does an sgc cover re-loading anyway?

thanks in advance

atb gary

There's a fair bit of info here ...

http://www.fourten.org.uk/reference.html

If you're only doing a few, then simple hand kit should be all you need... the awkward bit will be getting / making a gadget to do the (roll turn over?) closure.

good luck

don't they make a hand tool to do the roll over or crimp then? that sounds about my luck!

i would only be looking to a knock out a few its mainly for when i go out rabbiting, i only shoot what i can carry nothing major, so hand tools would be ideal (cheap) really and easy to store.

then once i'm kitted out i would be looking to make something suitable for close range fox's should the oppotunity presents it's self i would rather have something that i could feel confident of killing with probably BB's or similar and just keep a few in my cartridge belt just incase.

Have you thought about using all brass cases ( £ 5-95 for 25 from peter lawman) ,They are easy to reload and do not require crimping you only glue the over shot cards in place ,Have a look at this thread on cast boolits forum it gives you all the details how to load them.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=65229

also look at previous threads here on pw about reloading 410 brass cases

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...410+brass+cases

if the empties came from you gun they will not nead resizing think you can get a deprime reprime tool .the roll turn over is £35 ish so i think you will need £100 to set the ball rolling . i use bb in mine very good to 30yds on fox by the way

UK fowler when you load BB's obviously your left with big gaps between the shot would it be possible to fill the gaps with a smaller size shot to help fill the gaps in the pattern? i was thinking the other day about it and thought it might make it a more effective load. cheers for all the help guys its all really helpful as usual :good::):lol:

Edited by bicykillgaz

There's a post on one of the sites from a mad inventor who made a very smart looking kit for reloading the 410 .... including a rto gadget for use on a drill.

He has posted some pics - but I forget where I saw them ... maybe a search and browse for "roll turn over reloading kit"??

When you see it you'll get an idea of how simply the job can be done ... eat your heart out Lee.

There's a post on one of the sites from a mad inventor who made a very smart looking kit for reloading the 410 .... including a rto gadget for use on a drill.

He has posted some pics - but I forget where I saw them ... maybe a search and browse for "roll turn over reloading kit"??

When you see it you'll get an idea of how simply the job can be done ... eat your heart out Lee.

Do you mean this, http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/si...current=001.jpg :P