deer stalking

rascal_2005

Hi guys

I was just wondering about deer stalking? Ever since I got into shooting I have been really intrested in the prospect of deer stalking. The places that you can go to and pay to stalk are looking good, but I waswondering if they would let a compleate novice go down and shoot? I an a sgc holder and a keen airgunner but not really had much to do with rifles. I have thought about applying for my fac but haven't got enougth land to warrent it at the moment (I don't think)m

So if I was going to go to a payed stalk what experiance would I need and also what sorts of prices would I be looking at? I feel I'd rather be looking for roe or muntjaks (spelling?)M

Thanks for any advice guys

John boy

Edited by rascal_2005

Hi guys

I was just wondering about deer stalking? Ever since I got into shooting I have been really intrested in the prospect of deer stalking. The places that you can go to and pay to stalk are looking good, but I waswondering if they would let a compleate novice go down and shoot? I an a sgc holder and a keen airgunner but not really had much to do with rifles. I have thought about applying for my fac but haven't got enougth land to warrent it at the moment (I don't think)m

So if I was going to go to a payed stalk what experiance would I need and also what sorts of prices would I be looking at? I feel I'd rather be looking for roe or muntjaks (spelling?)M

John boy

:angry: Yes you can :angry: Obviously the stalker will need to know you are a complete novice, and you will have to have some tuition with the rifle before he wil let you out after live quarry.

If you don't have any mates who stalk have you thought about one of the novice rifle courses on offer by BASC etc.? I don't know the prices for an accompanied stalk, but i do know that now is the time for a bargain on the roe doe cull. You are not that far from Jan Andrews in Dorset who has a very good reputation. A good troll through the web should give you an idea of prices, there are also other forums like The Stalking Directory which sometimes have advice or stalking offered. I wish you the best of luck as it is something which I enjoy more than any other fieldsport.....apart from sea trout fishing!!!!!!

Atb, ft

il have alook at them sites, it will prob have to wait for a while as i will have to save up.

i have just always fancied it.

thanks guys

john boy

once youve been stalking you will be hooked went last year to give it a try booked three trips to scotland this year it gets in your blood

Hi guys

John boy

I have just booked 2 sessions with the company who sell deals on evilbay, they have done me a fantastic deal even though i didnt win it on there!! Really looking forward to it as its my first time too

Edd