the pinks are here

billy

gamebore 4s frank and i could have killed more but it was a long carry back to the car.. :thumbs: ...they dont land on this place they just flight over it, its a good 6 or 7 hundred feet climb to the top of the hill here and like i said due to the high winds they were comin over about 30 yrd above me and even lower at times followin the contours of the hills...cheers mate

Ok,

Can somebody please relise that this is a pigeon shooting formun and foxes and rabbits but not to boast about goose shooting.

Questions What F**ing wind, what ******* geese, this is from a trapped wildfowler in the SE wher last week it was 14.5 C on the fore shore ate 3:30am. So please stop taunting me with all this shooting as the pheasant seanon hasnt yet started.

this also goes to MRobson and HenryD B) :lol::lol::D

Jealous as **** of basingstoke,

Looks to be great shooting guys, keep it up and scare them all down here for me

Please please sent some down here as the only geese I get to see on a regular basis on the foreshore are brent. :thumbs:

Cheers

trev

Edited by Country_est

ernyah...steel shot was used for them, not that i like usin it all that much..lol

That's why I was asking as there is much discussion going on as to the best non toxic shot to use at the moment. Also as you are based in Scotland you have sensible laws which allow you to use lead inland I believe, so I was just curious.

thanks pavman, always worth the climb but its the carry back... :) ...it was no 4s i was using

ernyha......iv used both lead and steel in the past to shoot geese with and ( this is just my opinion mind ) iv found lead does the job better, when hit with steel i find geese seem to fly on farther before dropping sometimes up to half a mile, now i know this can happen with lead as well but to me its more common with steel

ernyha......iv used both lead and steel in the past to shoot geese with and ( this is just my opinion mind ) iv found lead does the job better, when hit with steel i find geese seem to fly on farther before dropping sometimes up to half a mile, now i know this can happen with lead as well but to me its more common with steel

Billy I think most would prefer lead to almost any of the non toxic loads, either for the stopping power or the extra cost or both.

The majority of people I have spoken to who have used steel shot have all said the same as yourself and that clean kills are far less likely compared to lead.

Nice geese billy,

I had a greylag on the blackwater foreshore last saurday evening. Stopped that with steel albeit a 42grm 31/2" supermagnum load of BB's

I think the problem with steel is it is too hard, it doesn't deform and do internal damage like lead.

If you need someone to come and help with the geese drop me a line :lol::lol:

:)

Martin