Highland killings

Advising or encouraging people, on an open forum) to have nothing to do with an estate and it's employees who have yet to be charged with an offence, let alone convicted is plain dumb. Opening yourself up to defamation of character charges as well as libel.

Unless it has changed while I wasn't looking I thought you were innocent until proven guilty.

I am no great fan of reintroduced species, but no one in their right mind can condone the poisoning of raptors. But please be careful of the muck you throw, it might just end up sticking to you.

ft

This is not Sea Eagle no1 that the press covered !!!!!!! This is No2 the folk in the know found out 5 months ago but only yesterday did the news papers get hold of it !

Lots more will come out and as folk here have said no one has been charged.

Maybe an ex keeper is working away to upset an old boss ? maybe some anti is putting down bait ? Who knows but all the hard work the Scottish Gamekeepers and SCOTTISH BASC goes down the toilet when these birds are found dead.

So why have you been so quiet the last 2 1/2 years on all the other alleged poisonings etc ?

i know this estate and some o the keepers

but i know someone esle who knows the m all quite well... and mr john dodds

so why havent i heard bout bird no2 <_<?:yes:?:lol:??

and bird no1 was not proven......... as already said could be quite a no of reasons..... antis setting em up . disgruntled ex employee etc but i doubt that.

dodds is renowned to look after his keepers well.

and i would be carefull accusing folks of summit without total proof.

dodds is renowned at being ruthleess and exceptional at his job

sauer

sako751sg

Are you a member of SGO ? Shoots on a pig farm near Inch ?

Anyone who supports killing these birds stand up and say so. Hey it is a free country and the folk who live to shoot can see who ended it for us !!!!!

Got to be a pc hero out there :-)

No,no,and your !!!!!!!!!!! key is still sticking fella.

We can only judge from the reports we read about poison being put down on this Scottish Estate and we all know how unreliable newspapers can be. Never the less there would appear to be some substance to this report. For an outsider to prove poisoning is going on private lane is very difficult to say the least. Its very unlikely that anyone off the estate is involved as any keeper worth his salt should know what is going on his ground. From a personal point of view I am very much against the introduction of sea eagles , but many people take other points of view.

We have every right to try and stop introduction of these raptors , but once the project has started for individual members of the shooting community to kill the birds is unacceptable. Its time many of us took our heads out of the sand and realised that if we are going to be shooting in 20-30- or more years time we are going to have to work with public opinion. If the majority of the public want eagles then so be it. For a few selfish game shooters to kill raptors bring all the shooting community into disgrace and the public backlash will be to the determent of all out sport.

If any on here doubt this just look across the sea to see what has happened in Holland – no game rearing- no corvide control – no goose shooting – only one type of duck allowed to be shot ( mallard ) and so on. Shooters need to be seen by the public as reasonable people working in harmony with the countryside , producing benefits for wildlife while at the same time taking a moderate harvest for the table. And lets be honest shooting large numbers of reared game birds is on shaky ethical ground at the best of times. If we start to be seen as vandals killing protected species we will lose this battle for public opinion and in time we will be the losers.

If any shooter knows illegal killing of raptors is going on have a quiet word with the keeper, if that does not work his employer and if no action is taken then its time to publicly disgrace them. If you do not then in a few years the sport we all enjoy will be banned , make no mistake about that. Sweeeping it under the table is not an option.

Edited by anser2