Argh - I've dinked my new toy!

JONO

Hi,

Total idiot I am I have somehow dinked my new gun on the rib... no damage to the barrels as such but a tiny notch made on the corner of the rib and some of the chequering is damaged.

As wildfowling in salty places is a key bit of my shooting I'm now paranoid it'll pave the way for rust so I was wondering if anyone knew how much and how long it might take to re-blacken the barrels where the damage is.

Pic below:

334.jpg

Thanks in advance

Jon

Hi Jon,

Everytime you clean it just rub over it with some gun oil on a cloth, it will help keep the water out or just get a cold blueing kit cheap as chips on fleabay.

They dont stay new forever!

did a similiar thing with my silver pig 111 first outing ding!!! on the barrel Hardley worth having anything done I just simple go over it with a cloth with gun oil.

Regards

Hunter2

:yes:

Hi Jon,

Everytime you clean it just rub over it with some gun oil on a cloth, it will help keep the water out or just get a cold blueing kit cheap as chips on fleabay.

They dont stay new forever!

did a similiar thing with my silver pig 111 first outing ding!!! on the barrel Hardley worth having anything done I just simple go over it with a cloth with gun oil.

Regards

Hunter2

:) spot on comments

:yes:

:lol: spot on comments

Thanks to most of you :yes:

I've not bought a gun new before and trust me, my long and illustrious career of wrecking nice stuff has been well catalogued in my family!

It was the first time it was used at the Mendip Clay Ground - put it in the back of a kawazaki 4wd to go to the English sporting area and there was some rough terrain which then bounced it by my reckoning.

Whilst sounding like a big jessy I just felt so p*ssed off at myself!

Will look for cold blue on fleabay

Thanks again

Jon