Pigeon shoot

MerseaDavid

Me and dad went out today after the pigeons again.

When we got to the farm there was already 1000's of birds flying around and feeding on the rape so we decided on the best place to set up and got to work setting up a quick pattern and and a few lofted decoys.

The birds came in but in large groups and it was a job to get them to decoy but we managed to bag 26 pigeons before we headed off to do some roost shooting where we shot another 12.

Was a good day but very cold (-3 most of the day)

shoot1029.jpg

shoot2001.jpg

shoot2003.jpg

shoot2006.jpg

shoot2007.jpg

shoot2008.jpg

:good: you had a better day than us never fired a shot the pigeons were sat in a wood not on our permission they kept to the wood edge all day :) anyway enjoyed the fresh air and countryside you been busy with your camera some interesting pictures their of you lofting decoys :good:

Grand photos pal and nice shooting,do you think full bodies work better than shells?

The crops on that bird must have been bursting :blink:

Cheers guys :good:

I dont think it makes much difference mate, I mix my decoys.

I have 2 different types of shell decoys, plastic full body, rubber full body + I used to use a few wooden decoys many years ago when I first started.

I use shells because they move better I find but full body decoys stand out better I think, so I mix them up in the pattern and get the best of both worlds lol.

Nearly every bird we shot was packed full of rape and a few of their crops exploded when they hit the ground.

All the Equipment we take with us in the truck :lol:

shoot2058.jpg

Our lofting poles

shoot2059.jpg

Our Decoys bag, Net bag, Bow saw, towing rope just incase :beer: and the trays to put the dead birds in.

shoot2060.jpg

Our large net that covers the truck + a bag of 3-4 other types of nets for different times of year and our dead bird cradles

shoot2061.jpg

All our equipment loaded in the truck

shoot2062.jpg