DPM Painting instructions

Carbonrocket

Glad you liked them.

Will the paint work on a synethic stock? It worked on the foregrip but the only sure way is to test it, let it dry and sand it. If it just ripps off no go, if it sticks and you sand a line into the paint its good to go.

To finish a clear car lacquer but test this on another bit of painted wood to ensure there is no reaction. Use 600 grain sand paper to sand the gloss lacquer to a matt finish. WRONG!!!!!!!!!

SORRY BUT A CAR LAQ IS POOR AND IS NOT AS GOOD AS RUSTO-LEUM CLEAR MATT!!! GO FOR THIS ITS BRILLIANT!! SEE LATER POST!!!

Krylon paint from Firesupport - airsoft suppliers in the UK -

Primer - Halfords

Lacquer - Halfords

The origional master painter link - Jerry hill

http://www.airgun-tec.com/index.php/topic,885.0.html

Carb

Edited by Carbonrocket

Glad you liked them.

Will the paint work on a synethic stock? It worked on the foregrip but the only sure way is to test it, let it dry and sand it. If it just ripps off no go, if it sticks and you sand a line into the paint its good to go.

To finish a clear car lacquer but test this on another bit of painted wood to ensure there is no reaction. Use 600 grain sand paper to sand the gloss lacquer to a matt finish.

Krylon paint from Firesupport - airsoft suppliers in the UK -

Primer - Halfords

Lacquer - Halfords

The origional master painter link - Jerry hill

http://www.airgun-tec.com/index.php/topic,885.0.html

Carb

Don't belittle your own fine efforts. You have both done excellent work and have insired me to get stuck in.

Can I just mention that Halfords laquer isn't petrol proof (I dicovered this after painting a motor bike and managed to splash petrol on it's first fill :good: ). I doubt you would splash petrol on your gun, but maybe some of the more agressive cleaning fluids might cause problems.

Top marks to Alice :lol:

Not bad instructional video either :hmm:

I'm now slightly miffed that I bought Monstercolor paint instead of the Krylar, but we'll see.

Can we have a link / more info on where you got the stencils from please?

I'm now more than a little miffed! :good:

The 'Kelp-Green' is more like Kawasaki Racing Green in real life. The 'Sand Brown' is as dark as the 'Foxy Brown' and the 'Foxy Brown' is more of a deep walnut or dark Poo!

The kit turned up nice and quick though and the other stuff (mask and bag of nozzles) all seems to be fine, but the colours are way off what I have on my screen.

Lets see what their customer relations have to say.

are they really that bad?:hmm:

I'd be up for sending the whole lot back and buy some Krylon paint- as that does look the business

Im stuggling to find any sticky Vinyl ( for the patterns) any internet links would be appreciated - thanks

I was thinking a Satin finish for the clear - what do you think??

Les :good:

Edited by Lez325

are they really that bad?:hmm:

I'd be up for sending the whole lot back and buy some Krylon paint- as that does look the business

Im stuggling to find any sticky Vinyl ( for the patterns) any internet links would be appreciated - thanks

Les :good:

I have asked how we go about the return process via email.

I just bought these (A4 Sign Making Self Adhesive Vinyl (Card,Craft) 10 Pack) off the bidding site, item number 290397494215

No idea what they will be like.

are they really that bad?:yes:

Les :rolleyes:

Krylon do a matt lacquer - I've just refurbed a Cometa 5 for my mates lad and gave it a blast of Krylon Matt after I camoed it and you can't tell it's got a finish on it - which is good as it shows the flat camo colours

Edited to show both web site and painted material in a single image.

Still no reply to the email though :rolleyes:

twotonekelp2.jpg

The Kelp looks like a true camo colour - I hope you sort it mate

Krylon do a matt lacquer - I've just refurbed a Cometa 5 for my mates lad and gave it a blast of Krylon Matt after I camoed it and you can't tell it's got a finish on it - which is good as it shows the flat camo colours

Ive ordered 4 tins of Krylon colour and a matt to finish it off- I'll post photos of my Tikka once its completed- thanks for all the information your a star

Les :rolleyes:

Edited by Lez325

• 2 weeks later...

I done something similar to my A-303 using Krylon camoflage paints.

Stripped the action out and primed with Halfrauds primer, couple of base coats of Krylon Olive. Cut out some stencils and then used the khaki, brown and black to apply the breaks ups. Just held the stencils close to the stock, hence the dodgy feathered edges to the markings.

I dont suppose the finish and pattern will win any awards, it's got the odd smudge on it and finger print but i think it does the job and it still downs plenty of pigs!

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?dzmaenugeyy

I done something similar to my A-303 using Krylon camoflage paints.

Stripped the action out and primed with Halfrauds primer, couple of base coats of Krylon Olive. Cut out some stencils and then used the khaki, brown and black to apply the breaks ups. Just held the stencils close to the stock, hence the dodgy feathered edges to the markings.

I dont suppose the finish and pattern will win any awards, it's got the odd smudge on it and finger print but i think it does the job and it still downs plenty of pigs!

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?dzmaenugeyy

Your shottie looks great!

I have posted a vid of Rust-olem crystal clear protective coat. Its much better that my origional clear laquer from Halfords. Brings out the contrast and seals the paint edges, very quick drying but £8.00 for a spray can, yet worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqnsV-sij30

Sorry Mods but I made a mistake and posted a link and did not embed as AXE instructed me, I have tried several times to edit it but get an error on page message I can not see the ripped page link as in AXES post to overcome the error in step 3

Carb

Edited by Carbonrocket

• 7 months later...

Well I've finally started it.

It's a full moon up there, no cloud, just a bit too blustery for my liking and I ran out of CO2.

So the gun has had all the interesting bits taken off and copious amounts of Gaffer tape applied to the sensitive bits (the gun's - not mine!). The black coats are on, smallest stencils applied and the brown coats applied.

I'll leave it hanging in the garage to cure overnight before I hit it with the 600 grade wet and dry.

I'm now in a weird place: My gun is poo brown! I'm liking the pattern that I have started. I seriously do not want to mess up my beautiful 'stealthy' black gun.

If this goes wrong I'll be extremely miffed.

I have been taking pictures and will post them when they become a bit interesting, rather that just shots of a hanging poo-brown gun in a garage. If it comes out half as good as those above, I'll be a happy chap.

Well I've finally started it.

It's a full moon up there, no cloud, just a bit too blustery for my liking and I ran out of CO2.

So the gun has had all the interesting bits taken off and copious amounts of Gaffer tape applied to the sensitive bits (the gun's - not mine!). The black coats are on, smallest stencils applied and the brown coats applied.

I'll leave it hanging in the garage to cure overnight before I hit it with the 600 grade wet and dry.

I'm now in a weird place: My gun is poo brown! I'm liking the pattern that I have started. I seriously do not want to mess up my beautiful 'stealthy' black gun.

If this goes wrong I'll be extremely miffed.

I have been taking pictures and will post them when they become a bit interesting, rather that just shots of a hanging poo-brown gun in a garage. If it comes out half as good as those above, I'll be a happy chap.

A hanging poo-brown gun in a garage! NOOO It will look brilliant at the end. Get on with you and do the other colours!