Laser Boresighter

tungsten

theres 2 kinds, ones that you stick up the end of the barrel, or cartridge types you put in the chamber, the latter are good but need to be calibrated (if there not already) and can be a bitch to calibrate yourself.

the ones you stick on the end of your barrel i think are more expensive but they dont work with all barrel types.. i tried a few and they wouldnt fit properly in my sxs

Edited by Shuck.

Boresighting by eye is pretty much as good and you have to finish with live fire anyway!!

If you change scopes a lot, have an awful lot of rifles, or a lot of shooting mates them "perhaps" consider, but if you do you should be very good at boresighting by eye anyway!!

Never had one, used them at the dealers and would never bother personally!!

:hmm::hmm:

Thanks all I think the few who suggested the bore sighting method is what I going with as i Have done it this way before, just being idle I guess!

However:-

i have encountered a problem! while bore sighting this scope I found i needed to raise the horizontal rectlile line to bring the scope to a bore sighted "zero" So turning the elevation turret in the UP direction as indicated on the turret the line actually went down further away from the bore sighted point of impact!!!

Thanks all I think the few who suggested the bore sighting method is what I going with as i Have done it this way before, just being idle I guess!

However:-

i have encountered a problem! while bore sighting this scope I found i needed to raise the horizontal rectlile line to bring the scope to a bore sighted "zero" So turning the elevation turret in the UP direction as indicated on the turret the line actually went down further away from the bore sighted point of impact!!!

When boresighting through the barrel everything is opposite on the scope. If you need to move up, turn it down. If you need to move left, turn it right.