Low pressure or high pressure?

Stealth Stalker

Am i right in thinking that on a day like yesterday (in Herts that is) when the weather is quite warm, muggy and still.

Is this classed as a "low pressure day"?

And is this the type of day when the pigeon are'nt about?

Or is it the other way round?

I went out yesterday on a field of freshly drilled barley, where numbers had been

building. But had no joy at all! :thumbs:

Anyone else found this?

S.S

High pressure with little or no wind makes the birds lethargic and they don't see the need to fly far for their food whereas low pressure with clouds and winds tends to make them panic a bit and they fly around looking for food.

As Cranfield says, it is better for us to bask in the sun in our hides but the pigeons don't usually come out to join us. :<

High pressure with little or no wind makes the birds lethargic and they don't see the need to fly far for their food whereas low pressure with clouds and winds tends to make them panic a bit and they fly around looking for food.

Just like us humans...so the moral of this story is, if you're feely lethargic, flakey, down and generally 'under' the weather then in all probability so are the birds :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Just like us humans...so the moral of this story is, if you're feely lethargic, flakey, down and generally 'under' the weather then in all probability so are the birds :lol:

But there again Highlander if i feel like that i probably have a hangover whats the Pigeons excuse?