All the Pigeons have disappeared in Essex?

blasterjudd

Been all rubbish here in Suffolk, best last weekend since Oct/Nov last year, 41 but I reckon I was lucky, everyone I know is complaining, I have seen some big flocks but no chance of getting them, I keep trying though :devil: and it get me out of the house and all them little jobs women find for you :good:

Alan

vampire

Perhaps you ought to venture into suffolk,regular flocks of 300+,seen one field and must have been 2000 at least.

As I said above seen them but cant get near them you having better luck then?

Alan,no such luck,very frustrated with pigeons,every time we go out we see huge flocks sitting in the trees and thats where they stay,four of us out last sat to cover as much ground as poss,total of 23 :good: ,who are these blokes that shoot 200 + a day.

I shoot mainly on the A140 corridor from needham,where are you.

Alan,no such luck,very frustrated with pigeons,every time we go out we see huge flocks sitting in the trees and thats where they stay,four of us out last sat to cover as much ground as poss,total of 23 :angry: ,who are these blokes that shoot 200 + a day.

I shoot mainly on the A140 corridor from needham,where are you.

5 Villages all around Belstead, just outside Ipswich. I was going across some rape on my quad bike last Sunday and a load got off the harvested beet so Ill be on the beet field tomorrow Sat 20th fingers crossed.

Alan

just spoke to a couple of keepers in east lothian and they say the fields are blue with birds :oops:

but av got to go to work tommorow to fix my landy :good: so sunday it is then

good luck on sat verminator69 wish a could of come ! :good: anyway there seems to be more birds than last week up here in scotland

I was out this afternoon. The fields I shoot have been recently ploughed and are sandwiched between two large rape fields bordered by large trees. I've never seen so many pigeons in one place. Flocks of a 1000+ which would lift from the rape, circle and land back on again, unlike the other week when they'd vanish for the day. Whilst one flock was feeding another came in and settled in the trees. I could've cried as the nearest bird was 80 yards from my hide. They taunted me to the stage where I was expecting to be wedgied and my head flushed down the bog. Even after firing a cart they still only circled and landed in the same place.

I gave up in the end, blinded by bitter tears and an unsteady gait due to lip wobble.

could you not have moved to where they were ? :oops:

No. the rape fields aren't my permission and I know from bitter experience that when I move my hide to them at the sitty trees, they'll circle and land at my original position.................mocking me as they do so.