ruger

Dave-G

:) I've used one of these and got on really well with it (rabbits - on foot - 2 to 4 hour walkabouts) :)

;) Lightweight and manouverable is my feeling - but I've not tried anything else! :)

Anyone make a comment on this?

good or bad - let me know please

:o Window shopping before my fac gets approved :rolleyes:

.22LR Model 10/22 with 12.5" Volquartsen carbon fibre barrel

(shown with optional moderator),

tuned trigger, ABR, EMR etc, Hogue stock

it looks like the file is not going to upload!

Have the same without mod Dave, lovely tool for vermin and target, though i have to say i prefer the heavey match barrel for stability, the muzzle flip ticks me off .

other than that no worries

p.s. one other thing take a good look at the houge stock off the action,make sure there is no buckle to the plate ( internal stiffner ) if there is get rid of it it'l only cause you greif the stock needs to be sturdy but straight , we had one with a small buckle that during the day ,with the heat (or cold come to that ) , moved onto the barrel causing all sorts of wild shots , it also caused the block to foul sooner than expected .

Martin

Edited by the last engineer

:) That sure looks like it - any idea of the significance of the carbon fibre barrel? I'd imagine its probably a thinner than usual steel wall thickness - sheathed/braced with CF to reduce weight? :rolleyes:

EDIT: to cheekily slip a picture in to host it for somewhere else ;)

Edited by Dave-G

;) That sure looks like it - any idea of the significance of the carbon fibre barrel? I'd imagine its probably a thinner than usual steel wall thickness - sheathed/braced with CF to reduce weight? :rolleyes:

the carbon fibre barrel is supposed to disapate heat more rapidly than a conventional all steel barrel, having both i have my own opinions , my Volquartsen does become erratic sooner than my match forged .92" Butler Creek, it seems the more mass in the barrel the heat disapates more regularly or more even, the steel barrel holds accuracy for longer when gofer shooting .

Martin

I have the basic Deluxe Model and it does exactly what i want it to do. :o

Cheers

Ive

:rolleyes:;):)

sorry Dead eye, just sounded funny to me,

the "basic" DELUX MODEL :o???

Martin

:):) :o :*) It was Midnight over here though Martin :o

Ruger Deluxe Sporter (DSP) :o ......... which is the same as the STD version except for not having that horrible wrap round band attaching the stock to the barrel and the wood used is better Quality as well ,or was the case 4 yrs ago.

Jonno

Something is wrong with that Mag mate,only 20,000 rds :o you should be able to double that before it needs a clean :o :o

Cheers

Ive