Pollytunnel V Green House which is better for a beginner

Paul@Ribchester

As above, my little girl is wanting to grow her own fruit and veg this year so we have got a vegi patch at my parents house just up the road, there is also room for a green house or a pollytunnel.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with either? And has anyone got one to give away or sell to a starting out gardener?

Thanks for your time,

Paul.

As above, my little girl is wanting to grow her own fruit and veg this year so we have got a vegi patch at my parents house just up the road, there is also room for a green house or a pollytunnel.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with either? And has anyone got one to give away or sell to a starting out gardener?

Thanks for your time,

Paul.

Neither is any better really, and I would recommend checking with your local freecycle group if there is one as I picked up a couple of good ones a few years ago for nowt, just had to take down and remove. You may end up needing to get some spare glass and clips etc, but they are not expensive.

ATB Badshot

Green house is more likely to come up on Freecycle.

Small poly tunnels are not that common IMHO

Have you considered making a large 'cold frame' with a large sheet of clear plastic?

Otherwise grow some fruit & veg outside

My daughter planted some 'alpine' strawberry seeds in the front garden, they have gone crazy and we regualarly top our ice cream with them in the summer months

polytunnel,s would be better for fruit growing but the sisadvantage is what you would pay for a decent cover you would likely get a new greenhouse, then theres a disadvantage of size.

we own eight 35 foot polly,s the covers cost around 270 + vat with a ten year gaurantee so thiat may be an advantage.

if you go for a pollytunnell ensure you fit the cover correctly ( i would advise quick clip ) which is more expense if not go for a larger cover and burry it at least two foot around the edges.

pollytunnell would be my preference by far for fruit growing.

hope this helps

Rob