FAC Paperwork

adam f

Sorry - another Q:

I'm just getting all the paperwork sorted ready to fill out, and notice that on the SGC it asks for the counter signatory to be a civil servant / doctor etc, whereas on the FAC is only asks for a person 'of good standing'

Is this right, anyone shead anylight on this, or is it simply as above?

OK - but what about my SGC? Friends or someone more 'offical'?

For some reason, in my neck of the woods, someone 'more official'. But don't stress about it, anyone with post nominal letters and works in the field they completed their degree for, or someone in a decent social standing, this can be a volunteer for a charity, business owner, doctor if you want to pay for his/her signature.

I just found it strange that the FAC which arguably allows a greater to a range of firearms, requires signatures from people just just know you well, but the SGC requires a little more than that?

Anyway - to check Ive got it right, I need 2x well known friends (2 yrs + good standing etc) for my FAC and for my SGC I need someone with letters before their name who also knows me?

Thanks again