Mild steel

Guinea Fowl

Right then, for all the real Men on here, where do you buy your mild steel from? angle, round, flat bar and all other metals for that matter.

I have had a look on the net but not to sure if I like the delivery fees on some of the site`s, maybe someone could recommend

me a site or somewhere in the North-west.

Thanks

Right then, for all the real Men on here, where do you buy your mild steel from? angle, round, flat bar and all other metals for that matter.

I have had a look on the net but not to sure if I like the delivery fees on some of the site`s, maybe someone could recommend

Thanks

Depends how much you want?

If you are only after a length or two then go to a local fabrication shop and see if they will sell you some off the rack.

If you want a quantity then you need a steel stockholder, Basically a supplier of all metal construction materials...

Thanks

Parker steel, there nation wide but i use CMT steel :good: for all my mild stuff good prices not sure if they deliver to your area tho :lol: take alook at my link in signature ???

I want a steel sheet of 1800mm x 1200mm x 6mm, that is the biggest bit, then just a few meters of flat bar and few meters of angle bar in various sizes :good:

You would have to get a 2500 x 1250 sheet ( 8x4 ) or you could go an ask for paul at c and c baseline in standish he would be able to order you what you want just say you spoke to chris jolly ???:lol: if thats any help

I want a steel sheet of 1800mm x 1200mm x 6mm, that is the biggest bit, then just a few meters of flat bar and few meters of angle bar in various sizes :good:

Any fabricator will sell you that off the shelf no probs

Edited by reaper6