barrel length

eddoakley

Hi guys, i am going to start a new project 2moro to tidy up an old single barrel folding 410 for my nephews. I was thinking of cuuting the stock and barrel as the boys are both very young\small but dont want to cut the barrel too short. What is the legal minimum? apart from the loss of power/range\pattern is there anything i should consider before i bring out the angle grinder?

Thanks

Edd

I think it's 30cm.....but best wait for someone to confirm before you start cutting!!

:hmm::hmm:

300mm??!?!?! 12 inches?!?!? :good: sure its more than that! however i wouldnt want to go that short anyway as its still got to be a useful gun. Not just for ratting in a barn. :hmm::hmm:

Thanks though.

And if im wrong feel free to tell everyone im a ****!! :hmm::yes:

300mm??!?!?! 12 inches?!?!? :good: sure its more than that! however i wouldnt want to go that short anyway as its still got to be a useful gun. Not just for ratting in a barn. :hmm: :yp:

Thanks though. :hmm:

And if im wrong feel free to tell everyone im a ****!! :hmm: :yp:

My misses recons 12" is pretty big :yp: :hmm::lol: am I getting it mixed up with rifles :hmm: , anyway, like I said, don't start cutting until someone confirms...but a call to your RFD may still be the best bet!! :yes::hmm::hmm:

24 inches. But when you cut the stock down don't cut with too much pitch at toe or it will dig into their little shoulders and hurt a lot.

Also the gun should balance quite well when done. Centre of balance should be on or just in front of the hing pin.

Good luck.

24 inches. But when you cut the stock down don't cut with too much pitch at toe or it will dig into their little shoulders and hurt a lot.

Also the gun should balance quite well when done. Centre of balance should be on or just in front of the hing pin.

Good luck.

I think I prefer the balance 1/2" behind the hinge pins makes the gun feel

light I think and swings better. I guess it's a personal tast thing though or maybe I got it all wrong! Good luck with the shortening