Pigeon Decoys

Pilky

Hi, am just getting into the world of pigeon shooting. I have noticed there are many types of decoys available but was wondering if anyone had advice on what to get? Also any advice on cartrodges and hide net type?

Cheers

Hi, am just getting into the world of pigeon shooting. I have noticed there are many types of decoys available but was wondering if anyone had advice on what to get? Also any advice on cartrodges and hide net type?

Cheers

hi pilky,i use a mix shell type decoys and full bodies,these are the cheapest and they work! flock coated decoys are better but there more expensive and you dont really need them especially if your just starting. The best place to find a cheap net is at a army surplus store,the duller the net the better if you see any with a 'rustic' type look get that,i have a ex army net but its a tad shiny still works a treat tho!,there is realtree nets you can buy or cammoreal but once again they are more expensive than a ex army one. I am currently using fiocchi 32g size 6 cartridges,ive started to get on with them better now than i originally did you could give them a go they are quite cheap at about £170 a thousand (i think) theres thousands of different cartridges you can get tho it really is just a matter of your opinion, Eley HB pigeon is a favourite with the blokes on here along with rc sipes,hull cartridge etc.etc. The best loadings are size 28g-32g size 6-7's i think most people would agree for pigeon decoying,i would recommend 32g size 6's personally.

Hope this helps!

Happy hunting

Tom

hi pilky,i use a mix shell type decoys and full bodies,these are the cheapest and they work! flock coated decoys are better but there more expensive and you dont really need them especially if your just starting. The best place to find a cheap net is at a army surplus store,the duller the net the better if you see any with a 'rustic' type look get that,i have a ex army net but its a tad shiny still works a treat tho!,there is realtree nets you can buy or cammoreal but once again they are more expensive than a ex army one. I am currently using fiocchi 32g size 6 cartridges,ive started to get on with them better now than i originally did you could give them a go they are quite cheap at about £170 a thousand (i think) theres thousands of different cartridges you can get tho it really is just a matter of your opinion, Eley HB pigeon is a favourite with the blokes on here along with rc sipes,hull cartridge etc.etc. The best loadings are size 28g-32g size 6-7's i think most people would agree for pigeon decoying,i would recommend 32g size 6's personally.

Hope this helps!

Happy hunting

Tom

Thanks for the info Tom

no not at all as long as its dead, edible and a clean kill i dont care!- i just get a long better with 32s i did say if you read my initial reply that most people use between 28and 32 i just prefer 32s!. is that all right with you boys? :lol:

Edited by tomhw100

any shell decoys about a dozen to start then build up as you go along. stealth cammo nets are good for any season. and personally i use 30g 6s either clear pigeon.or express pigeon load. but if available i wont look past rio 30g 6s.and all 3 cost around £43 for 250. :yes: