How big an area of land to shoot on safely

Brad93

I have a bit of land around 3 acres in size, with a few trees, small pond, that is around 80 yards wide and 200 yards lond, it has a road with houses down one side, farmers / hay fields out to all other sides. Would it be safe to shoot away from the road i.e. by standing / sitting under the trees furthest from the road. Heres a picture i done on paint lol

I would have assumed it would not be safe, and the neighbours might not like the noise. So i may be after a quite .410 :welcomeani:

untitled.gif

It is down to topography, geography and experience....and what your FEO had for breakfast....

How big an area of land to shoot on safely

Well, just look at short Siberia 100 or 200 at Bisley, deemed SAFE to shoot up to 7mmRem Mag :lol::lol: , about 3 or 4 acres I guess!! :lol::P:P

BUT...if you had 3 acres and asked your FEO for a 7mm Rem Mag he would laugh loudly before calling you unpleasant names!!! :P :yp: :hmm::welcomeani:

I thought the shot fall out was something like 300 yards (from memory and happy to stand corrected). It's a rough guide i use anyway, so for me in i wouldn't shoot that land as i would assume at any time your shot 'could' land out of the boundaries into an area that you don't want.

Well last year using the air rifle, i had 12 rabbits and two pigeon and a few squirrels of that field. The pond holds a few duck every now and then.

I'll stick with the air rifle then :o

Cheers (y)

Just not on the duck though!!