Pigeon shooting in Hampshire

im struggling to find somewhere to go pigeon shooting in hampshire despite knocking on lots of doors. I have a question is there a company or group similar to the northern ones like pest rid or NPPC for the southern counties they seem such a good idea but despite tons of searching cant find anything.?

:good:

im struggling to find somewhere to go pigeon shooting in hampshire despite knocking on lots of doors. I have a question is there a company or group similar to the northern ones like pest rid or NPPC for the southern counties they seem such a good idea but despite tons of searching cant find anything.?

:yes:

Where in Hampshire are you mate :good:

I was going to suggest you looked into a wildfowling club mate. You get, obviously, the whole season for duck and goose shooting plus most clubs have other inland/woodland shooting available.

You also get to meet other like minded people, who will probably have land of their own to shoot on, maybe point you towards someone who has etc . . . . . :good:

Just an Idea mate, and a good chance to ''rub shoulders'' with other shooters......... Its all about getting out there :yes:

I had exactley the same thought when i joined this site and posted a similar thread, Unfortunately no takers. i think instead of trying to organise soemthing with several guys, you'd be better off buddying up, with just one or two, and go out and keep knocking doors, it helps morally to have someone to bounce off off in my opinion. also get some shooting cards made up, http://www.shootingcards.co.uk/Store/index.php leave them with the landowner when you call.

keep your eyes posted on the shooting available thread you do occasionally get an offer of accompanying someone, aslo a lot of guys on here have reccomended keeping an eye on the fields, if you seen pigeon activity you could use that as an opening line to the framer saying "ive seen loads of birds onm your field, would it be possible to shoot them for you, lastly offer to do not only pigeon, but pest control, that may be your initial way to get permission. anyways mate the very best of luck to you, keep us posted on your progress!

BB. :yp:

Hi Guys

Thanks for replies and advice, will deffo get some cards made up and try knocking on some doors a little futher afield, have already applied to join my local wildfowlers club had interview met quite a few members already and cant wait for the summer to pass :yp:

mark

Hi Guys

Thanks for replies and advice, will deffo get some cards made up and try knocking on some doors a little futher afield, have already applied to join my local wildfowlers club had interview met quite a few members already and cant wait for the summer to pass :good:

mark

All the best with it mate :good:

Which club is it , just out of interest :lol:

It is difficult mate. Try and get some beating on a small shoot or estate. If you do well the keeper should not only reward you with £20-£25 each time but also give you some pigeon shooting when the season has finished. That is what we do for our lads.

It is difficult mate. Try and get some beating on a small shoot or estate. If you do well the keeper should not only reward you with £20-£25 each time but also give you some pigeon shooting when the season has finished. That is what we do for our lads.

Great suggestion ive been putting a few feelers out and hopefuly will get a chance to go beating this season is it worth joining NOBS? one downside for me tho is i have to work every other weekend but i get regular mid week rest days

:good: