ratting

monkey

well lets start with the easy question first, yes night time shooting rats is oprobably the best way to deal with them, though maybe not the easiest in terms of being able to see them.

it all depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it, one guy i know had a ratcatcher with a NV sight fitted to if, no problem for the rats out to 25 yards in total darkness.

but one of the popular ones is a candle in a storm lantern (or similar) lefgt out over night with some cat food in the tin staked to the floor with holes in it so as it leaks out but they cant get to it fully. once you have done this for a few nights or even just one or two. they do get used to the light, which means you should be able to see them through a normal scope as long as the mag is not too high (might be an idea to have it set to about 3-4x max and dont forget to make sure your rifle is zeroed for this setting! some rifles do have a tendancy to loose zero when mag is increased opr decreased!

another one would be the mars bar staked to the floor.

basically as long as you leave a light in a regular place the rats become complancent to it and ignore it after a while. just think about what rats eat and what they might like, if one thing dosnt work try something else and then when they go off that idea just move to the next thingt on the shopping list :oops:

ROB :lol:

PS dont forget to use gloves and pliers to remove the dead ones once your done, then burn or bury them in a nice safe way, i know you probably know this but there are many that dont :lol:

Good advice there Roblade, pretty much exactly what i do. The main thing to do is to, like you said get them used to the light or they do a runner as soon as you turn the lamp on. Where i shoot ther is a large light on a barn which with the farmers permission i am allowed to leave on and it does the job.

And definatly use gloves and pliers and make sure its dead before you try moving it. My mate went to pick opn up which looked dead and happened to be alive and kept going for him :lol:

A trick I learned this week was to buy a cheap sensor type of light the battery powered, kind take out the bulb and set up the sensor across the run, when the l.e.d. in the sensor comes on, turn on your gun lamp and shoot the ******! I have yet to try this but Im assured it works

Cheap solar path lamp, type you get at some petrol stations, few quid with fill up. Knock in ground fix bait to it, as roblade said tin of cat food with holes, also if you freeze first will leak out slow and seems to break it up when thaws. You can leave this a few days, then return for your fun. Don't always clear up rats, depends where it is, but if you leave them, there buddies will eat them anyway. If like me you hate getting near them, co2 pistol shot in the head before picking up can help make sure, ... I know big woose :*)

Have a Nv I have used, once checking out disused building on a farm yard, you only have limted field of view, one got by and ran between my legs, nearly had something running down my leg :beer: , tend not to go in there much now. What's worse, is if you saw me ( big fella ) you would laugh your head off.

Have a Nv I have used, once checking out disused building on a farm yard, you only have limted field of view, one got by and ran between my legs, nearly had something running down my leg  :) , tend not to go in there much now. What's worse, is if you saw me ( big fella ) you would laugh your head off.

:beer::):lol:;) you mean just like im doing now PML

ROB :)

Edited by roblade