Howa Rifles

jayscott

Hi Guys,

Anyone had any experience with Howa Rifles, a lot of the ground i have been offered is too small for the .308 i have down on my cert, so looking at getting a .22-250. Was thinking about the Lighting Stainless Synthetic Lite?

Any ideas on scope for that caliber? Will be using it for a lot of low light stalking and lamping foxes.

Any Info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Anyone had any experience with Howa Rifles, a lot of the ground i have been offered is too small for the .308 i have down on my cert, so looking at getting a .22-250. Was thinking about the Lighting Stainless Synthetic Lite?

Any ideas on scope for that caliber? Will be using it for a lot of low light stalking and lamping foxes.

i use a howa 1500 varimite ( heavy barrel ) rifle with fully floating barrel , go shooting with a few others which use sako's and some other top makes cant remember but they cost 3 times as much as mine was and at 200 yrds there is not any real diffence in accuracy, maybe its me or they are a **** shot but it has never missed a beat , great rifle , at 450 quid new with screw cut included it was a bargain .they are now going up in price so be quick before they get silly money . :good::P

Hi Guys,

Help me understand this...you have been offered ground :lol::lol: , you have a .308 on your FAC but it is too big for your ground :lol::lol: and you don't have any smaller centrefires :P:P , so how did you get a .308??

I struggle to see why a 22-250 will be suitable on land when a .308 isn't. And even in Scotland it is only legal for ROE downwards!

I don't understand, I'm sure its me but run it by me in a way an old boy can understand! :good::P

Howas are ok! :D

EDIT>...spelling!

Edited by Dekers

Dekers,

The land authority i have on my certificate is a large area consisting of both roe and red. It is a bit of a trek but a lot of the farms and areas of ground near by are a lot smaller ie. 63 acres and without sufficient backstops a .308 is too big, it is my first certificate and cannot get an open licenese.

Thanks Guys,

Going to do a bit more research before i rush in.... i'm sure the .22 will do the foxes for the time being and the roe will still be there in a wee while :)

Jay

I've got a 1500 with synthetic hogue stock and light stainless barrel in 223. Shot beautifully out of the box and already has the barrel floated so you don't need to worry about that. One criticism I have about the rifle is the factory trigger, it is a little poor to say the least but most people fit a timney kit or similar to sort this problem. Other than that a very good value for money bit of kit, mine has put others twice the price to shame and I have yet to have a fox moan at how tight I am :)