Common Sense

Blunderbuss

I think the decision to go was her own, wasn't it? Anyhow, I don't think she should have gone in the first place. What she did was right and I think this should be taken up by more schools across the country.

I also think the publicity came from Paul O'Grady's intervention in it. Not sure why he felt the need to get involved in the first place. Is he vegetarian?

Good to see her back though. :)

I think the decision to go was her own, wasn't it? Anyhow, I don't think she should have gone in the first place. What she did was right and I think this should be taken up by more schools across the country.

I also think the publicity came from Paul O'Grady's intervention in it. Not sure why he felt the need to get involved in the first place. Is he vegetarian?

Good to see her back though. :good:

I think you will find there intervention from another well known star who also lives very close to Lydd.

What's it matter where the intervention came from ?

IT'S THUMBS UP FOR RIGHT THINKING .

I wish that head , was at the school 20yrds away from where i live . As myself and mrs yp are going to find out if our eldest has got into the school or if we have a 20 minute drive to take her to the next school .

( prepare for me ranting if she can not get into our local school )

all the best yis yp :good:

What's it matter where the intervention came from ?

IT'S THUMBS UP FOR RIGHT THINKING .

I wish that head , was at the school 20yrds away from where i live . As myself and mrs yp are going to find out if our eldest has got into the school or if we have a 20 minute drive to take her to the next school .

( prepare for me ranting if she can not get into our local school )

all the best yis yp :oops:

I agree totally

I live in a semi rural area, with about a quarter of the pupils from my school coming from a rural backround, yet the teachers are a bunch of city slicker, animal rights Wally's!

put it this way, my views on foxes didn't go down well with the biology teacher :good:

More teachers should be like that head!! :yes:

Really strange that she got these complaints. All she had done was to provoke a bit of thought about what happens in a more normal,less screwed up society. Or even what would have happened here before we became stupid about what we ate.Kids and adults in this country turn their noses up at all kinds of good food like cheese,fish,black pud,seafood,lamb etc. Stuff that you would get your hand snapped off for elsewhere. All credit to her. She might have created a couple of veggies but they would have gone that way anyway.The rest of them will appreciate the animals that end up on the table.

We have 2 lambs and around 15 chickens each year at the school I teach at and they all go for the chop. Kids know it from the start and all is well!

Good on you :good: Far too many people have no idea where their food comes from, at least the kids in your care will do. Some sort of education on food production should be on the curriculum at every school . Do you get any grief from any parents?

So called "animal lovers" who object to this are so short sighted. I think if more people were exposed to this, they'd be a bit more careful when buying meat and choose good quality, high welfare stuff instead of two for a fiver chickens from Tescos that have had the worst life imaginable.

Edited by Blunderbuss

Good on you :lol: Far too many people have no idea where their food comes from, at least the kids in your care will do. Some sort of education on food production should be on the curriculum at every school . Do you get any grief from any parents?

So called "animal lovers" who object to this are so short sighted. I think if more people were exposed to this, they'd be a bit more careful when buying meat and choose good quality, high welfare stuff instead of two for a fiver chickens from Tescos that have had the worst life imaginable.

Im lucky that the school I teach in is in a rural area so a lot of parents are farmers or work in the countryside. We also have a lot of kids and parents who fish, hunt or shoot so there have been no complaints from parents....yet!!