Arden Grange Dry Dog Food.

Hello all just a question to see if any of you use arden grange dog food and how do you get on with it? It is not the cheapest on the market but is as good as the likes of jameswell beloved, burns dog food.

It costs £37 a 15 kilo bag, however if you register with arden grange that you are either a breeder or you work your dog like most of us do on here you do not pay vat on the food and get a small discount, in the end the same bag cost me £ 27 per 15 kilo bag.

Regards

George.

Cheers George. I use Burns dry food, but I'm most interested in the VAT free discount! £27 per bag would be better than the £38 I pay for each bag of Burns. Is it a natural holistic feed?

Hello Jimmy,

For a start go on the arden grange website which will explain alot better than i could. ( www.ardengrange.com ).

All i can tell you is that when my weimaraner was a pup i had to try loads of different dry food all sort of brands which none of them worked as she had a sensitive stomach. After doing a bit of research, i got info that it could be wheat or preservatives that are in the food that are not agreeing with my dog, so i was recomended three brands , jameswell beloved, burns, and arden grange. Now this is what you have to do, contact arden grange and tell them that you work or are breeding dogs, they will give you a code number for " the breeder bag" which you must register with a pet shop or supplier that sells arden grange food ( not all pet shops sell it ) then once you are registered take your pick from the different flavours they do IE: chicken, duck,salmon.

I feed mine chicken large breed which has a good size kibble that my dog can't swallow hole but must chew it first.

The chicken large breed is about £38 but i get it for £27.60 to be excact. Therefore you will make a saving each month. As you feed your dog burns dry food rather then any cheap rubbish on the market, you know that when you feed quality food the dog needs less food then if feeding non quality foods. My weimaraner gets between 300 and 350 grams of food per day depending on the level of activity of course. When you register and buy the breeder bag it will come in a brown paper bag rather then the fancy bag that you have to pay full price for. I can asure you that the food is of excact quality and excactly the same, just different packaging. I am not sure if the food is a natural holistic food, but all there food is free from Geneticaly modified ingredients, are all wheat free,soya,beef and dairy product free.

Have a look on there web site and let me know how you get on.

Regards

George.

Hello Jimmy,

For a start go on the arden grange website which will explain alot better than i could. ( www.ardengrange.com ).

All i can tell you is that when my weimaraner was a pup i had to try loads of different dry food all sort of brands which none of them worked as she had a sensitive stomach. After doing a bit of research, i got info that it could be wheat or preservatives that are in the food that are not agreeing with my dog, so i was recomended three brands , jameswell beloved, burns, and arden grange. Now this is what you have to do, contact arden grange and tell them that you work or are breeding dogs, they will give you a code number for " the breeder bag" which you must register with a pet shop or supplier that sells arden grange food ( not all pet shops sell it ) then once you are registered take your pick from the different flavours they do IE: chicken, duck,salmon.

I feed mine chicken large breed which has a good size kibble that my dog can't swallow hole but must chew it first.

The chicken large breed is about £38 but i get it for £27.60 to be excact. Therefore you will make a saving each month. As you feed your dog burns dry food rather then any cheap rubbish on the market, you know that when you feed quality food the dog needs less food then if feeding non quality foods. My weimaraner gets between 300 and 350 grams of food per day depending on the level of activity of course. When you register and buy the breeder bag it will come in a brown paper bag rather then the fancy bag that you have to pay full price for. I can asure you that the food is of excact quality and excactly the same, just different packaging. I am not sure if the food is a natural holistic food, but all there food is free from Geneticaly modified ingredients, are all wheat free,soya,beef and dairy product free.

Have a look on there web site and let me know how you get on.

Regards

George.

Thanks mate. I've done the online registration so will await the result of the application. My Labs are on about 300-350g p/d of Burns so it all works out about the same, but hopefully that cost saving will be well worth it!

Thanks mate. I've done the online registration so will await the result of the application. My Labs are on about 300-350g p/d of Burns so it all works out about the same, but hopefully that cost saving will be well worth it!

Or you could just go on the link I posted and buy it now from £23.33 per bag plus delivery. Delivery is £4.99 for up to 4 bags. :)

I use the stuff a keeper suggested Dr John's silver £8.99 /15kg no vat as it

is for working dogs ( use gold in the season if you are working the dogs hard)

I mix in some proprietry meats for variety.

Can get this at £8.50 a bag.

Glad you have registered as you will be making a saving which you can spend elsewhere. I do not want to make you suck eggs, but introduce the food gradually if you change to arden grange as with any other food change. :yes:

Regards

George.

Glad you have registered as you will be making a saving which you can spend elsewhere. I do not want to make you suck eggs, but introduce the food gradually if you change to arden grange as with any other food change. :lol:

Regards

George.

Cheers George. Hopefully will be shopping for new food by the end of the week....doesn't sound so exciting now I've typed it!