BSA S10 tuning.

Yo!popgun

Hello, does anyone know how much a Superten can be taken to?

I have been trying to sell the gun but have only been insulted with the few offers that I have had!

I like the gun and plan to apply for an FAC after my shotgun licence (currently going through).

It seems that other PCP's like Rapids and AA S410's can be reliably taken to 30lbs/ft in .22 form, what about BSA S10's?

What is the best power to tune these guns to and then what is the best pellet for that power?

I will exclusively be lamping Rabbits.

Good advice but how much can I expect from the Superten?

I need to decide now wether it is best to get a Rapid or stick with my Superten.

If it can only go to about 17lbs/ft then I might aswell get shut and get a Rapid, etc.

I will be applying for me FAC in the new year.

i had a super ten and was in the same predicament as you. The s10 can be fac but like the others say you need to change the regulator, i priced this up at 100 quid or so. I believe this would increase the power to approx 22ft lbs in 22 (not 100% but there abouts)

in the end i traded my gun in for a cz american .22 rimfire with a sac moderator and couple of hundred rounds of ammo. i feel i made the right decision for the ground i shoot. if your permission would be suitable for a rimfire i would go down that route.

pete

The S10 runs at 30 ft/lb in FAC. The reg is the exactly the same as the 12 ft/lb reg bar the internal settings and should cost in the region of £20 or so if the reg is taken off and sent to BSA with the relevant paperwork. There are other items needed too. The S10 can be taken to 40 ft/lb but this requires expensive mods and parts.

The S10 runs at 30 ft/lb in FAC. The reg is the exactly the same as the 12 ft/lb reg bar the internal settings and should cost in the region of £20 or so if the reg is taken off and sent to BSA with the relevant paperwork. There are other items needed too. The S10 can be taken to 40 ft/lb but this requires expensive mods and parts.

Have you had any experience with this?