Pigeon Guides " Maybe a bit Greedy????"

Davy T

I come over to the UK about 4 times a year and i pay good money for my shooting, but as other guys said you pay and you take your chances. What I find unprofesional about some Guides is that they give you trap cartridges to shoot pigeons. Now that is greedy.

Also look at at it this way Mark even "bad publicity'' is publicity. I hope to give you a visit this year :blush:

Edited by tonydoe

There is always a business for everyone. To people who have no shooting then you are paying for the privalege of using the land and the guides services.

There has been many a debate on here before particularly with builders and plumbers about what they would and would'nt get out of bed for so as the saying goes, everyman has to make a living.

For me personally, if I had to pay for pigeons I would'nt go as I can take it or leave It after many years of pigeons and bags to remember it would'nt bother me too much.

I have been to scotland twice to shoot geese with guides and both times it was a complete waste of time- But then again I still paid the bloke his money and that was that. All I shall do is do more research to find the right guide.

I'm sure Mark R. would like everyone of his customers to shoot 100+ birds but we all know this is not possible, specially at this time of the year. He obviously cares enough about what he does to stick his neck out and give a great response :blush:

Even on driven days you get good and bad days.

I've enjoyed reading this thread . I also find it amazing that a guide can not make wildlife turn up to be shot on command !

Mr. M. Robson

You are greedy ! You wanted paying for a no show of wildlife !

................................................................................

Amazing .

Mr M robson

I take my hat off to you sir ! I would not have been able to reply to the thread with your tact . Next time i visit Scotland after i have visited a few places that give us the "water of life." I am going to visit you with a dram . Top fella !!!

all the best yis yp :blush:

I don't know you,but you should not be having to justify your job,you work hard and try to provide people with an "easy" for them days shooting,and for that it costs money,YOU can NEVEr guarentee a good days shooting and anyone who employs your services must accept that or not book you,I've had a day when everything looked like a bang on day and I got very little sport,I pitched up with a M8 the other day and told him not to expect much,we couldn't reload fast enough,it's the birds that decide what they are looking for,not you.if someone is going to gripe about a poor day then they should buy an avairy,fill it full of pigoens then spend the day shooting them,resulting in a high bird day for sure ,otherwise it's down to experience,luck and chance.