theoben eliminator

spider.20

hay chaps

i'm toying with the idea of selling of some of my air guns that now sit unused as a result of my aas410 in favor of an eliminator. an yes i know these are only made in fac modles and the required papper work would be aplied for.i'v got my sights on a .25 modle at adout 30ftlds. that should go some way to flattening the curve out.

so any advice ? anyone got one? i'v heard that there is a book writen on how to get it to shoot streight is this true?

cheers

spider :D

At 30F/lbs pretty much anything you shoot is going to be retty damn flat LOL

there is a fin art to being able to shoot the eliminator accuratly, would ask if you can shoot a springer well before you go onto the daddy of the springers.

another one to have a think about is the AA pro elite.

would have a good play with one before you deceide its worth taking up a slot with as you may find it best to have a PCP rifle if you want the high power, believe me after a few shots on the elli you will wish you had one LOL

ROB :D

At 30F/lbs pretty much anything you shoot is going to be retty damn flat LOL

there is a fin art to being able to shoot the eliminator accuratly, would ask if you can shoot a springer well before you go onto the daddy of the springers.

another one to have a think about is the AA pro elite.

would have a good play with one before you deceide its worth taking up a slot with as you may find it best to have a PCP rifle if you want the high power, believe me after a few shots on the elli you will wish you had one LOL

ROB

all of my guns up till now have been springers. an i'v shot quite well if i do say so my self :lol: whith both my lightning.22 an my supersport .25(i like .25 lots of ooph an easy to use in the cold.) but now i'v got my AAs410 they jus sit there :lol: . it's not just the extra power the eliminator would giv me but i love springers, an as said beffore it's would be a challenge to shoot.

.25 pellets arn't too hard to come by but you do get more choice from the .22

i don't know much about the pro elite but it's only made in sub 12ftld isn't it?

cheers :lol:

spider

Hi Spider,

i meant no offence about being able to shoot a springer, as you can do LOL. You would be suprised how many get a springer then go straight to the PCP rifles as they cant hit anyting with the springs :lol:

but i would think long and hard about having a .25 as there could always be the doubt of if its you the rifle or the pellet, i had a similar problem with a .20 fenman a while ago. When you stick with a decent .22 you know the pellets are good

but the Air Arms Pro-Elite was desinged as an FAC rifle, and then detuned to be a legal limit rifle for the mass sales, though you only looking at 20-24F/lbs compared to the ellies 30F/lbs.

if it were my choice to make i would go for the Theoben Eliminator.

hope this helps you out a bit

ROB :lol:

Thanks roblade, an no offence taken :D

on reflection i'm starting to see the point in keeping it .22 i'll have too check out the pro elite an price them both up. like you said i'm still gunning for the elliminator but we'll jus have to see wot the f.l.o has to say on the matter :D

thanks again

spider :D

Spider

I know you say you like springers which is why your choice in the theoben eliminator but what do you intend to do with it :D

You are under the impression that 30 ft lbs in .25 cal will give you a good flat trajectory...........well i'm afraid thats not always the case .

14 grain acupel in .22 being put through a 35 ft lb XTRA FAC S410 ..........Now thats flat shooting but as soon as you put a Bisley Magnum through it ,well then your back to square 1 and judging hold over again.

I'm talking about walkabout lamping here ..........My knowledge of different guns however is very basic i'm afraid.

Ive

ive

What can i say? :D i like .25! it's got a hell of a punch an gives you a good clean kill. i realise that the .25 will give a more pronounced curve than the .22 but if you put in the hours on the range then you can still hit wot you point it at.

that said i am swaying towards the .22 simply on acount of the choice of pellets you get compared to the .25

i know i'm going to regret this :D but is there any point in going for .177 in a gun of 30ftlb? :D i know that it would well over penetrate on close shots but would the range be much better than the .22? i know that the .177 would fly flat an fast!

spider

Spider

I can only assume your intending this gun for pest control and mainly under lamping conditions as you hav'nt said . :D

yes range work and plenty of it but can you judge distance at night and simulate the range in field conditions :D ...............To some extent you can use a range finder to help depending on how powerful your lamp is although this will be no problem in the senario of daylight.

What i look for in my FAC airgun is the flatter the trajectory the better as it takes out one of the many variables of night shooting .

eg........50m zero means my set up is 1" high at 25m and 4-6" low at 75m the latter figures depend on how many shots have been taken (powerband) because at this range the gun is on it's maximum potential.The pellet used is AAs 16.40grn

Basically between 25m-60m i put the crossairs on the quarry with any adjustment being minimal. :D Slightly high or low so to speak.

As for .177 well i'm not the man to offer advice here but i think they mainly come in 24ft lbs ,and yes they'll will certainly be flatter and with correct shot placement ,just as effective .Whether they give longer range well i would say no on account of the pellet wieght involved as it would easily be affected by weather conditions.

Hope this helps ..........9 out of 10 hunters use a .22(FAC) .......Do you think they know something :D

Ive

Hope this helps ..........9 out of 10 hunters use a .22(FAC) .......Do you think they know something :D

I have never come across an FAC .177 :D

i'v heard that they exist but that most .177 pellets wont stand the strain that FAC power would put on them. it's proby not for me any way :D as i mostly shoot rats an rabbits as ive said by lamp.i'v got the AA s410 for the rats but fancy something a bit special for the rabbits :D

don't know if you'v seen the stats on the elliminatorstreightshooters.com but the power the .25 gets down rage is just awesome i mean the .22 is still packing a punch at 50yrds but it's nothing like 20ftlb :D with a 30 gr pellet! but i have to say you'v got me sold on the .22 jus need to punt the redundant guns in the collection an get the papper work underway :D

spider

I think its pretty clear that most hunters would go with the bigger pellet size in FAC. Besides you'll get less shots on the .177 and loads of over penetration. I've not seen a .25 perform but in theory it should be pretty hard hitting. Does it suffer with drop like the .22 against the .177 would in 12ft/lb?

I think its pretty clear that most hunters would go with the bigger pellet size in FAC. Besides you'll get less shots on the .177 and loads of over penetration. I've not seen a .25 perform but in theory it should be pretty hard hitting. Does it suffer with drop like the .22 against the .177 would in 12ft/lb?

Good point.

Off the top of my head I would say it would not be as much as the power would be more than the weight difference.

Am I making sense?

Anyway I would like to see a .25 in action no matter what the drop!

Hope this helps ..........9 out of 10 hunters use a .22(FAC) .......Do you think they know something :thumbs:

I have never come across an FAC .177 ;)

Quote taken from the AA's web site.

The S410 Xtra is the highest powered gun in the Air Arms range. Producing 30-35ftlb (41-47joules) in .22 there is plenty of power for most air rifle applications. Depending on the pellet used velocities of 1000ft/sec in .22 (5.5mm) and 1100ft/sec in .177 (4.5mm).

................................................................................

There you go SNAKEBITE

Certain .177 pellets will stand the strain spider and they 'll more than likely be AA's own brand to suit this gun

And if you want a flatter trajectory go for a lighter pellet to improve shot placement as opposed to the heavier harder hitting pellet if your off target.Make life easier not harder when it comes to walkabout lamping

Cheers

Ive

lighter pellets fly flatter. noted

cheers ive :thumbs:

wot about a 19gr .25 pellet from a 28-30 ftlb gun? i know it's not gonna be flat as steam roller road kill but it should be prity flat for a .25 right?

roblade said about the AA pro elite an i'm gunning for the elliminator but duz anyone know of any other fac powered sprgingers/gas rams worth a look at while i'm checking out the market?

spider

wot about a 19gr .25 pellet from a 28-30 ftlb gun? i know it's not gonna be flat as steam roller road kill but it should be prity flat for a .25 right?

Spider

A bisely magnum .22 pellet in my set up as a trajectory like a rainbow and thats at 35 ft lbs ...............

I would say you'll still have to judge hold over alot with the .25 unless your putting 40 + ft lbs behind it.

Ive