Cheery tree

Popgun

The girl next door came round and ask me if i whould cut down the large cheery tree in her garden she knows i've got a wood burner and cut down a lot of trees for a local farmer the problem is that her man next door on the other side is a anti and hates my gutts if i cut this tree i know he will try to make trouble for me so i need to make sure she has no come backs about cutting this tree, the cutting is no problem for me it's the legal stuff that i'm not sure about is a cheery tree likely to have a presavation order on it

THanks for your time Pop

As a general rule not 100% anything over 7 inchs in diameter round could need council permission not matter who owns it.

Also you have to be real careful using a chainsaw in gardens not owned by yourself do you have insurance to cover tree felling???.

But another option is just prune the tree and if you do fruit trees eg prunus is the only trees to be pruned in the summer june to august as they suffer from damage from cold so dont do it in the dormant season.

Regards OTH