Shooting Rabbits

I have been given a very small permission to rid a neighbor of some rabbits, now the down side is where there situated is very difficult to sneak up on them and when i do fire the 12gauge they scarper for their little lives, and my springer airrifle woudl be more use if i lobbed it at the rabbits, underarm, like a wuss.

So I either need (smaller quieter feet)

or a pre charged or a hushpower 410

I am not so keen on the idea of the air rifle as they are more expensive than a good pre charged air rifle and the filling whilst not mega expensive, the pump is best part of £100 on top of any gun I find.

Hushpower, still doesn't have all the stealth of the rifle and will possibly still ruin the meat, but are cheaper and no need to faff with a pump or keep a mahoosive divers bottle in the house.

Other pro's and cons appreciated or advice of any nature.

many thanks

Alex

I have been given a very small permission to rid a neighbor of some rabbits, now the down side is where there situated is very difficult to sneak up on them and when i do fire the 12gauge they scarper for their little lives, and my springer airrifle woudl be more use if i lobbed it at the rabbits, underarm, like a wuss.

So I either need (smaller quieter feet)

or a pre charged or a hushpower 410

I am not so keen on the idea of the air rifle as they are more expensive than a good pre charged air rifle and the filling whilst not mega expensive, the pump is best part of £100 on top of any gun I find.

Hushpower, still doesn't have all the stealth of the rifle and will possibly still ruin the meat, but are cheaper and no need to faff with a pump or keep a mahoosive divers bottle in the house.

Other pro's and cons appreciated or advice of any nature.

many thanks

If you are not keen on an air rifle and you are worried about meat damage you only have a few choices

1; Find the sets and use ferrets (young about so be carefull)

2; Get somebody with open fac to come and sort them for you

3; Pre charged air rifles are not as dear as you may think, I got a full setup Rapid 7 with all the extras divers bottle lightforce 170 scope mounted lamp for £150 keep an eye out bargains are there to be had.

No other choice really as anything else will cost alot more , ie apply for fac buy all you kit and gun.

Not realy much help I know but the choice is yours.

Not hot at all still have the recipt for £1175 which he paid for it brand new some years ago, must admit though it was very cheap and thats why I bought it.

This is the gun as it came to me.

post-12981-1270771511.jpg

if you sell it i'll give you £160 for it :yes::lol: Bargain of the century mate well done :angry: