Including Ammo on FAC

as i said ,1 expanding bullet head on its own counts as one whole round.so if ure allowed 1000 rounds of ammunition and uve got 1000 rounds of amunition,u then go and buy 50 expanding bullet heads ull be breaking the law,goodbye licence good bye shooting goodbye freedom,dont take my word for it just ask ure local force.people who tell you this is wrong are wrong and obviously dont reload,or they should know (or perhaps they do and dont care) so be careful..................

www.reloading.org.uk try this website it will tell you wat u need to know,im quite shocked at the amount of people on here who dont know about the expanding bullet head counting as one whole round ,especially as the police monitor this site......if uve any more questions ide be happy to answer them,ive been reloading for 20 years and know most of the pros and cons.........take care......

Edited by the running man

Just had my fac back from a variation with Gloucestershire and with it was a covering letter reminding us that expanding heads are counted as part of your holding allowance so it is something they are taking an interest in, be careful in your stocktaking.

Just had my fac back from a variation with Gloucestershire and with it was a covering letter reminding us that expanding heads are counted as part of your holding allowance so it is something they are taking an interest in, be careful in your stocktaking.
we'll I rest my case! P.s. For those of u banging on about section 5 ammo,there is no section 5 ammo only firearms.there is baton rounds armour piercing and grenades,and tracer but they are strictly military only and would have (the police would argue) no civilian useage,therefore ude not find them in any shop in the uk.I do admit they could be fun though!

we'll I rest my case! P.s. For those of u banging on about section 5 ammo,there is no section 5 ammo only firearms.there is baton rounds armour piercing and grenades,and tracer but they are strictly military only and would have (the police would argue) no civilian useage,therefore ude not find them in any shop in the uk.I do admit they could be fun though!

Thus section

5(1A)(f) of the 1968 Act now prohibits any

ammunition which incorporates a missile

designed or adapted to expand on impact and

section 5(1A)(g) prohibits the bullets for such

ammunition (expanding missiles, in the words

of the Act)

There are then the relevent exemptions re. shooting deer, vermin, injured animals, and animals for the protection of others. So there is section 5 ammo, not just firearms.

Thus section

5(1A)(f) of the 1968 Act now prohibits any

ammunition which incorporates a missile

designed or adapted to expand on impact and

section 5(1A)(g) prohibits the bullets for such

ammunition (expanding missiles, in the words

of the Act)

There are then the relevent exemptions re. shooting deer, vermin, injured animals, and animals for the protection of others. So there is section 5 ammo, not just firearms.

funny ivr got expanding .223 30-06 44 and it says nothing on my cert about section 5 my freind! Nor does it appear on anyones I know either,from ure quote sounds like their banned!

Before the firearms amendment act came in after Dunblane you couuld quite merrily buy hollow-point and other expanding ammunition, I used to use JHP in my Beretta 92 as it gave better groups than the wadcutters the revolver guys used.... anyhoo... I digress....

When the act came in it overnight shifted ALL soft nose and ammunition 'designed to expand in a predictable and controlled manner' into the prohibited, section 5 category. Now, it is not only the military who can have section 5 gear, as long as you have written authority from the Home Secretary, if you have this, even the Chief Constable of your Plod cannot over-rule it, this is why some professional deer managers have .38 & .44 revolvers on their tickets 'for humane dispatch.' It is however, nigh on impossible in real terms to get this authority from the HS.

The Firearms Amendment Act instantly conflicted with the Deer act that says ONLY 'ammunition designed to expand in a predictable & controlled manner' can be used to cull any dee in the UK!!! so.... a compromise was reached in that the Home Secretary empowered the Chief Constables of Great Britain to allow the special inclusion of section 5 expanding ammunition on an individuals FAC if it was used to cull deer. I also believe they will grant the same concession for other quarry as it is deemed to ensure a more certain & humane dispatch.

So there you go... how us lesser mortals can have section 5 prohibited bits on our FACs. did you also knoe there was section 7, where you can still own and shoot section 5 prohibited weapons but the rules are very strict and you are not allowed to take them home, they must stay locked away at the section 7 club!!!

funny ivr got expanding .223 30-06 44 and it says nothing on my cert about section 5 my freind! Nor does it appear on anyones I know either,from ure quote sounds like their banned!

They are section five for any uses other than the exemptions listed i.e. deer, vermin, humane destruction of animals, and killing animals to protect other animals/humans :lol:

Edited by guest1957

An RFD would be breaking the law if he sold you expanding ammo without checking and confirming that your FAC allowed for it!

As a caviat though, there has been some discussion on here recently about different forces interpreting the rules, i.e. my local plod I had to specifically request expanding ammo on my ticket even though the calibres I had requested were specifically for deer and the application stated that. Other forces seem to assume that if you have asked for deer to be included on your ticket as a use, you will automatically need expanding ammo. In all cases though it should clearly state on your bit of paper that you are authorised to purchase and possess said ammo and an RFD would be commiting a pretty serious offence if he supplied you with it without confirming you were authorised to have it.

Don't get confused between specific expanding ammunition and some ammunition that is only available as softnose etc... one of the guys will be along in amo (i'm sure) to explain what I mean!!!! :o :lol:

Well I stand kinda informed there many thanks to all who contributed.u know its section 7.5 I think u gota keep em at bisley,**** though goin all that way.did u know there are 65,000 people in this country who carry a pistol for personal defence? Ex military ex mp's norther ireland civil servants etc.they get to pratice under police watch once a year.they can have wat ever gun they like,glock sig u name it.but sadly not to the local club!

Well I stand kinda informed there many thanks to all who contributed.u know its section 7.5 I think u gota keep em at bisley,**** though goin all that way.did u know there are 65,000 people in this country who carry a pistol for personal defence? Ex military ex mp's norther ireland civil servants etc.they get to pratice under police watch once a year.they can have wat ever gun they like,glock sig u name it.but sadly not to the local club!

There's a section 7 club at Brancepeth Castle, Durham

I know someone who carries, all the time, I only found out recently after knowing him being a very close friend for 6 years. I asked him to be my best man and we had a enlightning chat.

Edited by kyska

I'm told reliably from a very good source that a lot of American businessmen in London have permission the carry hand guns. After 9/11 the British Government came under a lot of pressure from the US and Tony Blair caved in and allowed it.

After he came out of the Army my friend Jim had a gun for about six years and a letter of authority to carry it because of things that he had been involved it with the army. He said it was murder because in hot weather he had to wear a jacket and keep it done up all the time. He thought they had forgotten about it but one day out of the blue he got a letter asking him to return it.

Tecnically any serving member of NATO forces can carry a gun and I know the Americans based at Lime Grove in Ruislip had pistols (its been knocked down now) because they used to train with them at RAF Uxbridge. Its a bit like the British Army in Germany have all got guns and carry them on exercises and guard duty.

Edited by Vince Green