Variation forms: What to fill in?

Right i have decided i have got one week left off over easter holidays before school starts and A level revision will be in full swing with no spare time so i have decided i am going to put in for my first centre fire :lol: Im going .243 fro deer and fox as it will be fox and roe and that one caliber seems to fit best for the two.

Now what forms do I have to fill in for a variation? do i need counter signatures again? also what is the time wait like for land being reassessed and will i have to be present as i will be buying a portable high seat as in my original interview my FEO said that it would be a good idea to get a high seat to show that i am trying but there are some very sound back stops as in 7 foot high back that are 10 foot thick around at least one border of the fields if not more as well as some forgiving parts of the land.

Any help will be well appreciated.

George

Right i have decided i have got one week left off over easter holidays before school starts and A level revision will be in full swing with no spare time so i have decided i am going to put in for my first centre fire :lol: Im going .243 fro deer and fox as it will be fox and roe and that one caliber seems to fit best for the two.

Now what forms do I have to fill in for a variation? do i need counter signatures again? also what is the time wait like for land being reassessed and will i have to be present as i will be buying a portable high seat as in my original interview my FEO said that it would be a good idea to get a high seat to show that i am trying but there are some very sound back stops as in 7 foot high back that are 10 foot thick around at least one border of the fields if not more as well as some forgiving parts of the land.

Any help will be well appreciated.

George

As your FEO will be dealing with your variation would it not be better to contact him directly then he can tell you what HE wants, because I believe there is regional variation on who wants presented in what way. Go straight to the top then you will get fact rather than opinion.

I was planning on giving them a ring tomorrow or the day after but was hoping to have some advice on what to expect.

George

OK..... assumptions...you are young (ish), have a rimfire and limited land.

Expect grief for a .243, no reason why you should not get one if everything is in order, but the FEO will most likely be hesitant, and if he has already suggested a High Seat, then I suspect he will still want one.

As suggested your FEO is the person to talk to, perhaps informally to start with to feel him out, for more detailed info try BASC as you are a member! :good:

Yep i am young at 17 and have .17hmr but do have centre fire experience and have done an introduction to deer stalking course (not DSC1 but i got did all the same sort of things and shot a roe buck at the end) and have our 600 acre farm with some woodland on holding a decent number of roe and luckily it is not dissected by a single foot path but there is one bridal way that runs down one side of the of the fields i will give them a ring today but in the interview he said 'and you'll be wanting a centre fire for fox and maybe some deer?' to which i explained i was planning on waiting 6 months or so and getting some experience with the rimmy then put in for a variation and he agreed it was a good idea and thats when he recommended maybe getting a high seat so i am quietly confident in it but i will give them a ring and see what he has to say.

George

Groach

You need to complete the relevant sections of form 101. It's all self explanatory if you read the questions and the notes on the form.

No photo's or references required, just a cheque for £26.00

I doubt the land will need looking at again.

Edited by CharlieT