Expanding ammunition

Just had a conversation with Allthegearandnoidea, i didnt specify expanding ammunition when i applied for my FAC.

He didnt either and was told that it was immplied when the firearms licence was granted for pest control.

Is it required and should i get this added before grant?

Cheers, jon.

Just had a conversation with Allthegearandnoidea, i didnt specify expanding ammunition when i applied for my FAC.

He didnt either and was told that it was immplied when the firearms licence was granted for pest control.

Is it required and should i get this added before grant?

Cheers, jon.

Take nothing for granted, if you want expanding then ask asap!!

ATB!!

Is it something you NEED?

I know what it does, but have never used it on live quarry.

Are we talking reduced penetration versus meat damage?

There is no legal requirement to use expanding ammo on anything in this country except deer.

If you are concerned solely with pest control, then expanding ammo of all varieties will lead to less runners, put simply, it is generally easier to kill quicker and more effectively with expanding

If you want meat then you would be better advised to think head shots or NON expanding.

:good:

The firearms department told me that it was implied and didn't need to be stated on the certificate after they removed expanding ammunition from my FAC when it went back to them for something else, they also said this to my local gun shop when they rang and checked.

BASC said it has to be written on there so I rang the firearms department and told them regardless of what they thought I wanted it stated on my FAC which they did.

I know what it is and what it does,

I was asking as to the benefits of it meat damage over the benefits of reduced over penetration.

Also they seem to think in TVP that its implied on pest control reasons.

Never having used it for shooting pest, i wanted to know if people thought it was required.

Obviously i should have worded it better.

But thanks for your 'helpful' comments