Shooting permissions

racer132

Hi all,

Recently got permision to shoot over land so put in for a variation on my FAC for another .22 rimmfire (i already have one that i use at my local range) and moderator.

All went ok and FAC came back no problem, cert is closed as expected, my question is this, i have been invited to shoot on a friends land that is already cleared for .22 and .17HMR ( it was cleared for his FAC ) can i join him for an evening shoot or does he have to give me a written permission that i then have to then send off to the police before i go out with him ?

Hi all,

Recently got permision to shoot over land so put in for a variation on my FAC for another .22 rimmfire (i already have one that i use at my local range) and moderator.

All went ok and FAC came back no problem, cert is closed as expected, my question is this, i have been invited to shoot on a friends land that is already cleared for .22 and .17HMR ( it was cleared for his FAC ) can i join him for an evening shoot or does he have to give me a written permission that i then have to then send off to the police before i go out with him ?

If its cleared landwise (you check!), you need permission (written) and off you go I think. As long as the your mate isn't using the land on an open ticket?

If its cleared landwise (you check!), you need permission (written) and off you go I think. As long as the your mate isn't using the land on an open ticket?

He difinately has a closed FAC like mine, wording is the same ie: land deemed suitable by chief of police and the land is definately cleared (he owns it) for .22 and .17HMR

Edited by racer132

If the land has been inspected for him it is now cleared for anyone with permission to shoot.

That means permission from the landowner not just from your mate.

It doesnt have to be written although this may help if pulled up about it

If the land has been inspected for him it is now cleared for anyone with permission to shoot.

That means permission from the landowner not just from your mate.

It doesnt have to be written although this may help if pulled up about it

Thanks lads thats great, didnt want to go out without makin sure i was legal !

So long as it is ok with the land owner that your mate can take you onto this land it is ok for you to shoot it. You dont need written permission nor do you need to tell the police before you go out with him, so long as your closed ticket states something like "Land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police" if so then go and enjoy yourself.

Must learn to type faster.

Edited by Luckyshot

So long as it is ok with the land owner that your mate can take you onto this land it is ok for you to shoot it. You dont need written permission nor do you need to tell the police before you go out with him, so long as your closed ticket states something like "Land deemed suitable by the chief officer of police" if so then go and enjoy yourself.

Must learn to type faster.

My bold, I'd get that signature just in case.