s410 power

pigeon toes

I have no intentions of taking this over the legal limit but have seen many reports of s410s pushing a low power.Have a frined who has a chrono who will have a look this week.Have been told that it is possible to adjust the power on pre anti tamper models as Air Arms set them low,I am presuming that the previous owner has had this running a sensible level,this si why I am having it checked this week.Couls be over for all I know!

my s400 is doing 10.30ftib and chairgun tells me that my rifle is doing 5ftib at 50yrds which is more than enough to kill a rabbit and 50yrd is my max range.

and how would you adjust an anti tamper model without the risk of damaging your gun?

The same way a gun smith would Aaron :angry:

A friend of mine has the S410, I chrono'd it for him and found it to be kicking out 10.3 ft lbs, it was duly sent back and returned from Air Arms telling him on THEIR pellets it was up at 11.5 ft lbs :good:

I would love to know how to remove that damn anti tamper cap so he can use something like Bisley Magnum in it.

BTW: Bisley Magnum are a much heavier pellet... they move slower than a light weight pellet therefore, will not put your air rifle over the limit, they just retain energy better ???

Go on, try it....... as long as you know the weight of the pellet you are using over the chronograph and do the sums,

Velocity squared, multiplied by the pellet weight, divided by 450240 = Energy.

The pellet weight must be a variable factor thats why its included. :)

I have an AA s410 in .177 which I bought new in 2008. It took over 70 rabbits the first year for virtually the same amount of pellets. I was truly amazed that it was so deadly out to my maximum range of 40 yards. Last year I bought a chrono. and guess what, its putting out 10.5 lbs! Will I have it adjusted to 11.5lbs? Why would I bother? :good: