Adivce needed on what to feed day old pheasant chicks

Afternoon all,

I have some pheasant eggs in my incubator that are due to hatch any day. I have just found out that they need special crumbs, (I was going to feed them normal chick crumbs).

Does anyone know where around Lancashire I might get some, also someone mentioned that turkey crumbs would do, is this the case? And again where would I get them?

Thanks for any help, Paul.

Paul,

The important factor is the protein level. Ordinary chick Crumbs are around 18%, Game chick crumbs are about 29%. Turkey are somewhere between the two. Turkey crumbs would at least be better than ordinary Chick Crumbs.

It's often better to start with a bag or two of Pheasant crumbs and move on to Turkey rearer pellets later.

Chris

Paul,

The important factor is the protein level. Ordinary chick Crumbs are around 18%, Game chick crumbs are about 29%. Turkey are somewhere between the two. Turkey crumbs would at least be better than ordinary Chick Crumbs.

It's often better to start with a bag or two of Pheasant crumbs and move on to Turkey rearer pellets later.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I just need to find some a supplier now near me........

Marsdens game feeds will do free delivery to your door if you order a couple of sacks of crumb but it's probably way too large an amount for your needs,but google them and give em a ring to see if you can get some locally they're very helpful people.

Mike...