cosmetically damaged stocks

toolazydecoy

hey watchers!

im looking for any old / spare stocks that anyone may want to sell, including cosmetically damaged woodwork for any air rifle, firearm or shotgun.

if i have no luck on the forums, does anyone know where i may be able to find any?

any help would be much appreciated,

thankyou!

all the best,

Ryan

Edited by toolazydecoy

hey watchers!

im looking for any old / spare stocks that anyone may want to sell, including cosmetically damaged woodwork for any air rifle, firearm or shotgun.

if i have no luck on the forums, does anyone know where i may be able to find any?

thankyou!

all the best,

Ryan

hello Ryan how's it going?

Post a picture of the stock you did up to get some feedback.

Come on folks young lad here getting right into the sport looking for a bit of wood to do up.

Cheers

hey watchers!

thankyou!

all the best,

Ryan

Hi ryan

seen a winchester 101 stock and fore end on fleabay wasnt making much.

regards rob

Where are you in the UK ?

I'm sure i have some scrap stocks you can mess about with,

Would you consider doing rifle stocks on a Commision ?

Wb

Awesome job mate. Considering thats the first you've done it's amazing, as good as if not better than most i've seen. you should get a bit of work off here. well done.

Malc

nice one newport, had a quick butch and this looks like the kind of thing im looking for, does anyone know if there would be a market for camo stocks? and if so do you recon i could buy a stock from new, paint it and still make a little bit off it? any further help would be shweet, thanks everone,

ryan

nice one newport, had a quick butch and this looks like the kind of thing im looking for, does anyone know if there would be a market for camo stocks? and if so do you recon i could buy a stock from new, paint it and still make a little bit off it? any further help would be shweet, thanks everone,

ryan

I for one would be interested in having my CZ 17 HMR stock done- ( Camo) subject to cost of course :o

Les :o

well les, ill get this one painted properly and send you some decent photos from my old mans massive digi cam and you can see what you think, would you be interested in sending me your stock if you liked the photos? rough postage would be about a tenner (?) i think. the cost would be the paint + primers etc and a few hours labour, i do it more for fun than anything and it would be great if someone else could put it to good use!

take care,

ryan

hi ryan,

if i end up keeping my cz i would be happy to send it to get it painted but would depend on price, also do you use a matt laquer to finish itand can you do synthetic stocks?

looks really good to say your new to it well done mate

gary

hi gary, to be honest the ones pictured were just experimentations and were only half painted, i only had a litlle bit of cash so it wasnt laquared atall, the finished product would be matt laquered to reduce any glare and dull down the camouflage - and im not 100% on synthetic stocks, do you have any idea where i could find a cheap one, possibly an airifle stock? to practice on? any help appreciated, nice one

hi ryan,

matt finish sounds ideal, as for synthetic stocks i'm not too sure maybe auctions, game fairs or if its just something synthetic nip down the scrap yard and get some old transit van wing mirrors and bumpers there a similar material, there not gunshape but at least you could see if the paint takes to it and have a little more area to experiment with patterns.

if you lived locally i'd bring my baikal hushpower round for you to have a go at as i want it doing at some point too, i've been toying with the idea of just getting some matt plati-kote and having a bash, i think it was lez on here sujested plasti-kote when i was looking for some krylon paints, there cheaper than krylon if you just want to practice.

hope this helps and pm me or email with some finished pics and a price for my cz stock

atb gary

• 2 weeks later...