Hunting Pictures

Hubertus

Hi Hubertus,very impressive pictures,what calibre rifle do you use for boar shooting?

Hi Neil,

i use normally my .308 Win. You can see this weapon on all pictures. Mauser M96 straight pull. Sometimes i use also a 9,3X62. But there is no need if you shoot well. I just had the last weekend on an driven day 1 boar and one fox. It was a phantastic day concerning the weather. Snow, sun and -12 C. Absolutely lovely.

Waidmannsheil!

Hubertus

Great pictures Hubertus thanks for posting them.

They are certainly going to make some of the rifle owners on here, jealous. :(

they are a little bit big...the next one i will make smaller.

its interesting in our country every hunter go stalking and shooting with the shotgun. There is normally no one who goes only shooting with the shotgun.

But i think different country, different hunting culture :D

Waidmannsheil!

Hubertus

i optimized now the pictures for the web. the new ones are now between 30 and 40 kb. I hope that is ok.

This picture is now the result of the first drive of a driven day. We had that day in total:

2 red deer (hind and a calw)

2 fallow deer (calws)

16 boar

5 roe

which is a very good result!

Nice pics Hubertus........

On the last one, the guy on the far right has a very splendid false moustache........where could I buy one of those? :D

you can buy them in every gun shop. it's special hunter equipment for cold days to prevent a cold face :(

Waidmannsheil!

Alexander

Nice photo's i like the wirehaired is it yours?

Hello Columbus,

it is not a wirehair it is a Kleiner Münsterländer. It is a little bit smaller. But it is like the wire hair also a pointer.

Its not mine, its the one of a friend. But i did some blood tracking with him. This boar had a bad shot and was still alive. We followed him for round about 3 km before we had it.

I will get my one dog on 23. of February. I will post some pictures of the little ones.

Waidmannsheil!

Hubertus

Hubertus i thought that the munsterlander was black and white as it was derived from dicarded dogs of the german long haired pointer. Pups that were black and white were not desiable for the glhp as the breed standard was brown and white, so any pup with black on them were given to the jagers in the munster district and that is how the breed came into being.