Roe Buck

verminator69

Thought that it was a nice evening i would go and try and catch up with this buck,ive tryed twice before to catch up with him but he hasnt prescented a shot.

Stalked into him from a about 500yds up a hedge line got to about half way and i stoped at a gait he was walking towords me so got myself cumfy on the sticks he came into 40yds had to give him a whistle up came the head standing straight on so shot him through the neck.

Thats 15 bucks from 18 outings from this piece of ground so i wont be back at them till the rut.

post-20999-1275127435.jpg

He was 38lb larder weight

post-20999-1275127510.jpg

post-20999-1275127546.jpg

Nice buck, well done ! :good:

Just wondering, are there any cull limitations? For me 15 roebucks from the same ground sounds like a lot. That is not very common in the Netherlands or Germany. But maybe you have large grounds?

Holland@Holland

The estate i look after is 2000 acres and a lot of good woods and cover on it for roe,all be it the soil condition is not right for big heads.I am also lucky in that theres not a lot of people shot deer on surounding land.

I try and shoot about 25 bucks a season and only take 2 or 3 does i have a couple of other small pieces of land if i need to shoot anymore.The estate currently runs about 60 to 70 roe on it with 1 or 2 fallow that come in now and again.

ATB V