shotgun laws bound to be tightend because of 1 man

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the key word in Imperfections sentence was MIGHT. :hmm: There will never be a 'silver bullet' (excuse the pun) solution to stop things like this happening, but sensible and more importantly, proportionate, changes to the system could be possible.

As an aside, its a damn pity Ann Widdecombe isn't still an MP, what an article!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/179973...nges-to-gun-law

Mark

Wow :hmm:

Ann Widdecombe's article is excellent, but it begs one question - if people like her were around at Dunblane, why was so little debate heard at the time?

I realise the media and the public went nuts, but surely a politician's job is also to make sure the public know the full facts? Dunblane was pre- Labour spin so people believed politicians a little more than say, 6 months ago.

Hopefully this new coalition will actually provide a sensible voice and steady hand, as the Brown and Blair era was mental, and not in a good way!

Anne Widdecombe's attitude has changed from the Ann Widdecombe that I corresponded with in the post Dunblane period, she was all for a ban of all pistols then.

I hope the politicians use a bit more common sense this time, but these incidents have all involved legally held guns, that's the worrying part :hmm: