mr_jack

which company would you go with if you wanted a springer  

49 members have voted

1. 1. which company would you go with if you wanted a springer

• BSA
    • WEBLEY & SCOTT
    • WEIHRAUCH HW

i went with Webley, i prefer myself.

They come with smooth shooting cycles, top acurracy and there built to last.

i love the look of there rifles aswell, theyve been making firearms for over 200 years so they know what there doing :D

cast your votes and leave your reasons for your choices

always had and used bsa' guns, my favroit gun make . they are built to last i saw a review of a hunred year old bsa and it still had the kick in it to kill a pigeon lol nothing done to it ... so bsa get my vote :D:D

regards edd

Edited by edd

yes it was your spot on mate, "hornet" the ultras big bro, i have never actually shot that rifle before but i have heard good things edd.....

am thinking of getting an ultra myself, i shoot a Webley Stingray k .22 and a crosman ratty with Carbon fibre silencer, i have got the full setup, there craken lttle rifles them ratcatchers, unbeatable if you want something for a closed indoor area... but my stingray is my fav, im very accurate with it, and it chews the woodys up and spits them out :D

with ease :D

I went for HW because as a you lad my first proper rifle was a HW77k and now 15 years later if I was to buy a springer it would always be a HW. Still have the HW77k and will always a great rifle. But have now gone PCP and I am also awaiting the FAC cert so Rimy next :D

Cheers

Jas

I said Hw a bit of a con really cos I have one but go with what you know and all that, shame Air arms wasnt in there too, as a mate of mine has a tx200 Hc and I think it is a lovely piece of kit. Would probably put webley next as I have got a webley junior smoothbore air pistol that my dad got me when I was about 6. Ah sentimentality towards a gun... :D

• 2 weeks later...

well you can safely remove webley from the list now :( they is no more, ceased to be, they are an ex company, THIS COMPANY IS DEAD.

LETS HOPE ITS LIKE A PHOENIX :)

but seriously if you want a decent rifle that is goign to give you years of hassle free shooting without the need to have it sorted out after 6 months i would opt for the AA ranmge of rifles, ok so start up costs are a little on the more expensive side but when you consider the backing you have from them and the quality you are buying in the first place i dont think there is any competition from HW or BSA.

The closest competition is the HW97/77 and even then that needs another £100 to get it to the standard of the TX200.

ROB :)

Weihrauch.

I started out shooting an HW77 when I was a lot younger (ok, about when I was 15) and it was just the most quality air rifle I even shot.

Since then, I bought a Falcon PCP, but my dad has bought an HW97k and so did my mum (divorced, not his and hers!) and the quality is still there. It's just a bit lighter!

Which reminds me... I really should get a scope for my mum's rifle. I can't have her using iron sights for the next year and I am convinced she's not really used it yet.

Wookie

oh and it might be an idea to ask about a specific rifle rather than a certian company, as with everything soem rifles are better than others regardless of which comapny you choose to buy from.

As i said the TX200 i think is the best rifle out there, but having owned a HW95 i think this is probably the best rifle for a light weight hunter.

let us know which rifels your interestead in and we can help you out a bit more

ROB :)