Testing the water, can get them cheap.............

Evil Elvis

:) After discussing this at great length and spending considerable time and effort tracking them down, I have managed to source some cheap do it yourself ear plug kits.

DangerousDave have made our own with great results, we tried them out yesterday and they cut out ALL noise, all I could hear was the sound of my breathing. They are also very comfortable and you can wash them with soap and water...and cheap enough to make a new set each year if you have to, though the company say 2-3 years as your ears change shape.

They are easy to make AND the bonus is that the price I can get them for is the same as for one pair on Ebay, my set contains enough to make 2 sets per person!!

The instructions will be simple,concise and easy to follow.

NOW the bad part, In order to get them to a good price i have to buy at least 20 sets. (its trade)

Which, if achieved will work out at £15 per person posted, they maybe slightly cheaper but they wont be any more, if you are up for it pm me your name, I will take cheque and paypal etc but i will need to get 20 orders first.

SOOOOOOO whos interested?

If i dont achieve 20 orders all money will be refunded.I Think Im well enough known on here for people to know Im honest.

Heres the finishes product as you can see it looks quiet professional. And explains why I dont hold the phone to my left ear, the actual auditory canal is half the width of my right.

These only literally take 15 minuutes from start to finish.

b_150825.jpg

Edited by Evil Elvis

How do you get them out?

When I had my Green Leopard ones made they do quite an extensive check of your ears and also ask all kinds of questions like do you get pains when flying etc.

They then fully clean your ears and check for wax etc, before putting protection in your ear to stop the silicone getting to your ear drum. Once they are cured they then take them away and clean them and coat them with a clear soft coating to ensure a snug fit.

Can you actually do this yourself or do you need to get someone else to do it for you?

:yp: You could do them yourself, but i got a mate to do it.

The stuff comes in 2 parts and when you mix it you have about 4-5 minutes to push it in, there no need for the plug, they are for the ones that are squirted in via gunge gun. You either do it yourself in front of a mirror, then heres the hard part...no tlking for...10mins....it was difficult :good:

then simples pull the pinna from side to side and then you can lever them out easily. Its all in the instructions.

Preparation wise.I shaved my ears ;) and to be honest, where i wear a lot of ear plugs mine dont really get dirty, but i did earbud them first, that was it.

I asked Dave to make mine larger (in the pinna)so that i could block out all noise, as my hearing has really deteriorated. However the ones i made for him were a lot smaller but just as effective and blocked out just as much noise. :D

I like the price - but it looks like you have shoved a piece of chewing gum in your ear hmm1.gif

They were the first attempt, its up to you how much you leave in the pinna, as stated above, daves were much smaller.

The thing i liked about having them bigger was that they all sit in and stay in.

For £15 you get 2 goes at each ear, if you use less maybe even 5 plugs?

• 4 weeks later...

:rolleyes: that just looks like the stuff they squirt into yer ears and sets to me....... they make the actual ear plugs from them they are just the moulds.

also once they are made they usually have small hole going thu them with a speech filter in them that allows the frequency range of human speech thru so you can hear yer mate or whatever but still block out sounds over certain decibal level.

sauer

Do what I did. A tube of epoxy resin, lie on your side get your missus to pour it in and wait till it sets, then repeat on the other side.

Cant ever get the ****** out but it doesnt matter. You have good shooting protection and an excuse when you dont listen to the missus.