Blistering Wellies

The Beater

Does anyone have any tips for breaking wellies in?

Bought myself a new pair of wellies, Hunter Classic's. Never had hunters b4 just Le Chameau. They felt ok in shop but worn them twice for full day and have hobbled back with no skin on my left heel.

Have worn them for short walks before full day outings. Could be because the heel isnt very flexable. £55 down the drain, could of got a flapper from SW for that !!!!!

I personally wear high leg military boots, but that's just through habit and what I'm comfortable with.

When breaking in new boots/wellies wear a pair of thin office socks and a pair of walking socks over them. Walking socks slide over office socks instead your skin, and no blisters :P.

Does anyone have any tips for breaking wellies in?

Bought myself a new pair of wellies, Hunter Classic's. Never had hunters b4 just Le Chameau. They felt ok in shop but worn them twice for full day and have hobbled back with no skin on my left heel.

Have worn them for short walks before full day outings. Could be because the heel isnt very flexable. £55 down the drain, could of got a flapper from SW for that !!!!!

Your not a size 10 by any chance Beater ? I will gladly take them for your hands for a reasonable drink :P:):)

Don't think you can break in wellies ? They are made from memory material!!??!!

Jonno ;):lol::lol:

Edited by jonno 357

I wrote the “Letter Of The Week” to Shooting times a few years ago, and won a pair of Hunter wellies. Took weeks for them to arrive, and as it was nice weather I didn’t wear them for a couple of months other than to try them on. ;)

When I did wear them in earnest for the first time, both of them bloody leaked and soaked my feet before walking the length of the field. :P:)

Bought a pair of cheap green wellies from the local market for £9.99 and have had them for 5 years without any bother.

£55 for a pair of posh wellies…..HAH!!!! :)

G.M.

I wrote the “Letter Of The Week” to Shooting times a few years ago, and won a pair of Hunter wellies. Took weeks for them to arrive, and as it was nice weather I didn’t wear them for a couple of months other than to try them on. :lol:

When I did wear them in earnest for the first time, both of them bloody leaked and soaked my feet before walking the length of the field. :lol::lol:

Bought a pair of cheap green wellies from the local market for £9.99 and have had them for 5 years without any bother.

£55 for a pair of posh wellies…..HAH!!!! :lol:

G.M. [/QUOTe:

thats it mate, cheapos do me fine too!! £5 99p :lol:

Edited by digga