A Couple of Houres Tonight.

Frank

Had 2 good shots at these below using Federal, Primium 40 grain Nosler ballistic Tips :):P

One at 152yds, the other at 226yds, well pleased. ;)

The Fog put an end to our lamping :lol: , i would of had more, plenty calling going on.

This .223 gets better and better. :):lol:

Edited by Frank

My Rifle is a CZ 527, Caliber, .223. From my experience, anything from 100yds and over, i go for the chest,( BOILER ROOM). I go for brain shots if the fox is close, where im sure that the bullet will kill humanely. If im having a bad night ( we all do), i stick to chest shots, their is a 4 inch circle where you can humanely place your shot, which will distroy the vital organs, resulting in a quik kill.

Tonight as i said, i used 40 grain Nosler ballistic tips which explode on impact and kill very quickly. :P

I have used .22lrs on a few occasions and i try to get them in close,50yds and go for a brain shot allways. You can shoot them in the chest, but the fox may run a good bit before it drops and if that is in thick cover, you may not find it and will wonder if you hit it or not.

I have lured foxes into 50yds and shot 19 one evening, using the .22lr and hitting them in the brain. :)

That was the one off, dont think it will be repeated for a while yet. :);)

I understand. I was working a good bit till now. Off this week, starting a new job next week, so i will try to make the most of it and cull a few foxes, its hard, as me wife puts demands with jobs ect :lol: then their is my 4 year old son that wants to be entertained constantly. I hope he is into shooting, he will be like my shadow. :lol: